Combining pics as a mosaic image for 360degree projection

NNinja

Hi all

For an upcoming project we have to project a number of photos combined on a single 360 degree projection (approx 15000x768 XGA resolution).

It sounds pretty easy if we had the all photos beforehand and do some kind of movie or even a composition to play... but the hard thing is that we have approx 20 mins between the photo taking and the projection.

Any ideas would be appreciated...

Hi all

For an upcoming project we have to project a number of photos combined on a single 360 degree projection (approx 15000x768 XGA resolution).

It sounds pretty easy if we had the all photos beforehand and do some kind of movie or even a composition to play... but the hard thing is that we have approx 20 mins between the photo taking and the projection.

Any ideas would be appreciated...

Dynamic Image Server is one option, Image Proxy - URL is another.

Either way you would need a server for the last minute images.

Dynamic Images and Proxy URL images have different set of rules for updates,

each with their own plusses and minuses.

Either way you would pre-program the show with drop in slots for the last minute images.

Tip: for each image to be added later,

add a static normal image cue in the exact same stage position

on a layer below the dynamic slot holder cue,

That way, if a URL or Dynamic Image is not available, 

the backup static image will appear.

If the image is available,

it will cover the backup image so that it is not seen.

I did something similar years ago for a walkout module with images taken during the event. This way eliminates the Dynamic server.

All I did was make multiple placeholder files of different shapes in a folder, then I programmed the timeline with the empty files. I believe I color coded the shapes so it was easier to track on the timeline. Once the timeline was built the way I wanted it, all I needed to do was replace the placeholder files with real images and update the timeline to the servers before I ran the show.

The final images needed to match name, file type and pixel dimension of the placeholders for this to work properly. To do this we set up scripts and batch file processing in Photoshop, so the process was fast. If you get the images 20 minutes before the event this might not be fast enough. I did need a graphics person with me that helped me process the images. I also tested and practice before I ever committed to being able to do this. This was pre Dynamic Server, so I had no other option.

Certainly adding them in with production and an update is straightforward.

The two alternate methods with servers (Dynamic Image Server or web server / URL)

are both available without production in the system

and changes can be made while the show is running without interrupting playback.

(Using production to update the images will always pause the show).

So your workflow will impact the best method for your specific needs.

If all your new images can be loaded in prior to show time,

using WATCHOUT Production is the easiest way to go.

If the timing is tight and you may need to continue to add images while

the show is running, either of the server methods will let you do that.