Using the telnet to fetch Task List information

cleavelam

All of that is available, simply take a look at WATCHOUT Remote and you will see all of what you asked for in action.

But I am on vacation this week and do not have time to look all that detail up at the moment,

possibly someone else can help in the meantime. 

Above should answer the timeline part of the question. As for the other part ...

... time of pauses and other control related information etc.  ...

WATCHOUT Remote parses each timeline and creates a tabbed list of every control cue and its time position in each timeline.

Based on current timeline position, it also creates a countdown timer to the next pause cue.

I believe support for those functions was included in the WATCHOUT Systems Manager developers kit.

WATCHOUT Remote is the working example / sample app provided with the developers kit,

to be used as a starting point for custom development.

i.e. It should show you how to access those functions.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much for the all the help.

We are using watchout 6.1 and I've gone through the manual (WATCHOUT_Users_Guide_6.1) and seems the telnet commands listed in the Appendix C are mostly control, but not fetching the task list information from the WATCHOUT. (Except querying for a task status explicitly, but seems there ain't commands that we can query for all information - and the getAuxTimelines are not found in the manual too.)

Seems we'll need the "WATCHOUT Systems Manager developers kit" to know more about the remote access / API etc - may I ask where can I obtain it? Can I download it from the website?

Thank you very much for the information. I've taken a look at the Systems Manager - and yes it seems that it can have full control over the WATCHOUT at the flex application through the package - i suppose it is drive by the Telnet command too?

As we would like to control WATCHOUT more remotely, we've looked into the Manager codes and the API documentation of the WATCHNET - seems it's the API documentation of com.dataton.watchout.* - of which is a flex application package i suppose? Is there a manual of all Telnet commands / operation available to control WATCHOUT at the moment that we can reference on? It seems that the Telnet Command list in the WATCHOUT 6 manual is not comprehensive - just like the "getAuxTimelines" telnet commands are not discussed in the Manual.

I always thought it was lack of customer interest.  :mellow:

To the best of my knowledge all of the functions work the same with today's WATCHOUT versions.

By placing it on the discontinued list, it is what it is - development has stopped on that product.

As we would like to control WATCHOUT more remotely, we've looked into the Manager codes and the API documentation of the WATCHNET - seems it's the API documentation of com.dataton.watchout.* - of which is a flex application package i suppose? Is there a manual of all Telnet commands / operation available to control WATCHOUT at the moment that we can reference on? It seems that the Telnet Command list in the WATCHOUT 6 manual is not comprehensive - just like the "getAuxTimelines" telnet commands are not discussed in the Manual.

Agreed -

Is this documented anywhere?