Watchmax server lost connection

viktorm

Hi everybody, 

Watchout server is losing a connection very often. Sometimes after restarting the server connection is established. but not all the time and not for long. From server output (Displayport) signal is converting to passive DVI, from DVI is converting to HDMI and goes to Extron DTP HDMI 330 - TX, from Extron by LAN cable (CAT 6) approx. 30 meters is going to Extron decoder and finally by HDMI to the projector.

After restarting the server signal came to the Extrons (green light), but after few seconds Extrons shows orange light. 

What can be a reason of losing the connection?
Is it possible overheated graphic card to lost the connection, or overheated server?

Here is a videos and photos:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/a00706be3c3a7494fe10ffd46f7ae53c20170314104339/be406f

Thanks.

Well that is ugly.

The systems are crashing each time they attempt to engage DirectX 3D rendering.

How did you get through a full tech rehearsal and not see that?

Assuming you were successful with an empty house,

you may consider taking a serious look at your system hardware tuning,

both display servers and network infrastructure.

Are the servers overheating or power supplies browning out?

Ouch.

If these are WATCHMAX units as stated in the topic, the hardware tuning should be taken care of, otherwise re-tune/re-image them.

/jonas

doh

I never seem to see the topic while typing a response, just the body text. Sure missed that.

Overheating would be my number one suspicion at that point.

• Dataton Partner

Hmmm....

On a WATCHMAX you should use active DP > DVI adaptors. Is this a new system? Have you used it successfully in other places with those adaptors and CAT extensions before?

I just took a short glimpse at one of the videos and in my opinion the error points to issues behind the graphic card outputs.

You will see display configuration errors as soon as one output looses track to the display (edid).

Hmmm....

On a WATCHMAX you should use active DP > DVI adaptors. Is this a new system? Have you used it successfully in other places with those adaptors and CAT extensions before?

I just took a short glimpse at one of the videos and in my opinion the error points to issues behind the graphic card outputs.

You will see display configuration errors as soon as one output looses track to the display (edid).

Now connection to outputs 1,2,3 is fine, but output 4 is not responding.

I tried to change extrons, cables, lan connectors, but didn't help. Also I emulated EDID, update drivers, but still not responding. Watchout shows OK when I am testing the connection.

Is it possible that is no enough power to a graphic card to run on all outputs, enough only for only to show that is connected to the other side of a cable?

Is it possible the 4 th output is not working?

Thanks.