need help on setting multiple command to 1 string cue

gonzalesdavidcaesar

good day,

i'm newbie on using watchout 

i would like to know if it is possible to put multiple command in one string cue

we use kissbox to open and close the doors and windows and controlling it using UDP,  i want to know how to put the commands in one string cue if i want to open multiple doors and windows.

for example if i want to open 2 doors at the same time what is the correct script or command that i need to put in the String cue?

i use this command in the string cue but its not working:

"$A5$00$00$01"$0D

"$A5$00$01$01"$0D

thanks in advance!

Couple of Questions.

Are the double straight quotes part of the command?

"$A5$00$01$01"$0D is no different than sending $22$A5$00$01$01$22$0D,

i.e. the actual bits/bytes sent in the packet would be exactly the same for both of the above examples.

Have your first tried the commands individually to see if they will work at all?

Are you sending the commands from the main timeline or an auxiliary timeline?

If aux timeline, what is the time position of the string cue?

good day,

i'm newbie on using watchout 

i would like to know if it is possible to put multiple command in one string cue

we use kissbox to open and close the doors and windows and controlling it using UDP,  i want to know how to put the commands in one string cue if i want to open multiple doors and windows.

for example if i want to open 2 doors at the same time what is the correct script or command that i need to put in the String cue?

i use this command in the string cue but its not working:

"$A5$00$00$01"$0D

"$A5$00$01$01"$0D

thanks in advance!

Couple of Questions.

Are the double straight quotes part of the command?

"$A5$00$01$01"$0D is no different than sending $22$A5$00$01$01$22$0D,

i.e. the actual bits/bytes sent in the packet would be exactly the same for both of the above examples.

Have your first tried the commands individually to see if they will work at all?

Are you sending the commands from the main timeline or an auxiliary timeline?

If aux timeline, what is the time position of the string cue?

the double straight quotes is part of the command

i tried the command individually and it is working, but i didn't put double straight quotes when i put them individually

if i put them individually the exact command is this:

$A5$00$00$01

i am also sending the command from the main timeline

18 hours ago, gonzalesdavidcaesar said:

the double straight quotes is part of the command

i tried the command individually and it is working, but i didn't put double straight quotes when i put them individually

if i put them individually the exact command is this:

$A5$00$00$01

i am also sending the command from the main timeline

I am very confused by your response. You state "the double straight quotes is part of the command" but then state it only works when you do not send the double straight quotes? If the command works individually without the quotes, why are you adding the quotes when you send two?

Have your tried $A5$00$00$01$0D$A5$00$01$01$0D or $A5$00$00$01$A5$00$01$01

21 hours ago, jfk said:

I am very confused by your response. You state "the double straight quotes is part of the command" but then state it only works when you do not send the double straight quotes? If the command works individually without the quotes, why are you adding the quotes when you send two?

Have your tried $A5$00$00$01$0D$A5$00$01$01$0D or $A5$00$00$01$A5$00$01$01

sorry for that

tried this to open the window $A5$00$00$01 and its working but how can i add more command in one string cue, 

when i put 2 command in one string cue for example:

$A5$00$00$01

$A5$00$01$01

it only trigger the $A5$00$00$01 but not the $A5$00$01$01

4 hours ago, gonzalesdavidcaesar said:

... when i put 2 command in one string cue for example:

$A5$00$00$01

$A5$00$01$01

it only trigger the $A5$00$00$01 but not the $A5$00$01$01

That sounds like a problem with the device. Would not be the first time I have encountered a device that requires time to process after a command before it will accept another. While a well designed device would buffer the second command, we see these poor implementations often. This is often a result of the manufacturer's testing process never attempting multiple commands in rapid succession. 

So why is it  problem to send it as two string cues? That would allow you to tweak the command timing to something the device will accept.

If you are using it over and over again, put the two commands in an aux timeline, pause the aux timeline at startup, and never allow that aux timeline to Stop, re-cueing and pausing after each use. That would provide instant response when called.

• Dataton Partner

I would follow Morgan's advice and use ARTNET instead of the Kiss-Box protocol. WATCHNET is an ArtNet node and can send this directly into the Kiss-Box if you set this to ArtNet. With ArtNet it is no problem to send more than one relay at the same time.