Multiple surfaces mapping

dominique h

Hi, 

We are currently trying to map 18 rectangle windows with only one projector. 

We would like to be able to snap each corner point of our 4 corners windows to the real life windows. 

We would like to do one mapping for the "scene" and reuse our mapping each time we import a clip containing the 18 windows. 

The only way we seem to find to achieve this is to have separated clips for each windows and use the "corner" tween. 

Even when I try making a 3d object with a 3d projector, the calibration points affect the whole image and is not only moving the selected point.

Does another solution exist? Here's a screenshot of our layout for better understanding. 

Thank you. 

fenetre_textire.png

• Dataton Partner

Hi,

The only way to use 3D projector is if you know the accurate positioning of each windows together. So you can create a single 3D object (or multiple 3D objects placed accurately in the stage).

As you said, using corner tween will probably be lot easier.

You can use a VirtualDisplay for each window, so you can apply the corner tween on the VirtualDisplays media so when you place your clips in the VirtualDisplays they use the correct corner tween.

Rgds,

Benoit

A method I have used in the past for this is to create a PSD file.

Through Trial and error you can do the geometry offsets in photoshop rather than doing it in watchout. Once you have "mapped" the 18 windows you can than up date chnge or build new PSd files as you need.

Alternatively you can look at the Geometry tab in your outputs and try to warp and bend there.

Hi, 

thank you for your answers, 

I'm not sure I understood the PSD file... and yeah i tought about the geometry tab but the problem is that if I map the projector it will affect everything I shoot with the FOH projector, even the image on the screen without windows. 

I found a method with virtual displays... 

I made one virtual display for each of the 18 windows.

These 18 virtual displays "grab" each part of the image corresponding to their window. And I place them in ANOTHER virtual display where I apply a tween corner on each individually. Then I lock these layers. 

Each time I have my window wall, I place my media behind the 18 virtual displays, and then use my ALL windows virtual display in my FOH projector. 

That seems to be working for now... 

That's the best way I found to keep control on my mapping and have it affect all my cues without copy and paste corners tween each time. 

1229201931_Screenshot(7).thumb.png.039d5e83ba42e3648c5c65a266968054.png