Virtual midi control for WO and fixture request

Alex Ramos

Hello all,

Is any one using any kind of virtual control for WO, I mean virtual faders, knobs and buttons ?

I know we can use external midi controllers, but when that is not available it would be good to have another option.

The project Im working at the moment, Euro 2012, i don't have any external controller and i need to change bright, contrast and color live.

I'v found this virtual midi controller http://www.granucon.com/SoftwarePages/Vms.aspx#Intro and made it connect to WO with midi yoke.

My question is, is there any other, more complete, way to control WO?

It would be nice to be able to design the control panel.

This is a fixture I like to see in the next release, design a control panel inside WO.

And possibility to put on the top of the stage safe lines and windows.

Im using screens with different colors, to do this, but when i go on line i get the red cross onto the stage, and if you use many screens to do this, so many crosses gets annoying.

Alex

Hi Alex,

I'm using a midi controller called 'Midi Touch', on Ipad/Iphone.

It has a few pages with default layouts of buttons, knobs and faders. You can also create pages by your own needs.

This controller also uses midi yoke to connect with watchout and it works very nice.

I will also check out the controller you mentioned on your post...

Guy Prizmant

...My question is, is there any other, more complete, way to control WO?

It would be nice to be able to design the control panel....

I suspect by "more complete" you mean custom to your specific needs.

Dataton has provided tools for exactly such needs.

WATCHOUT Systems Manager is a compilation of tools for custom panel development

using standard tools like Adobe Flash or any tool capable of TCP/IP communication.

There are sample open source control panels that provide a working starting point for developers.

Shortly the support for panel development will increase with "Cook Book" recipes for

developing Flash and iOS panels to control WATCHOUT.

Those tools are debuting this week at the WATCHOUT Academy and should be made available

here in the near future.

Then again WATCHOUT Systems Manager requires Adobe Flash or similar programming knowledge, this is not accessible to all.

I need a integrated in WO tool, similar to ECUE's Action Pad, http://www.ecue.com/fileadmin/downloads/new2010/Product_Documentation/LIGHTING_APPLICATION_SUITE/System_Manual_LAS_55SR1.pdf

page 118.

With a tool like this we can create a control panel on the fly for all parameter in WO that can have an external control.

Alex

Then again WATCHOUT Systems Manager requires Adobe Flash or similar programming knowledge, this is not accessible to all.

I do not know why you feel it is not accessible. Posted Image

The number of Adobe Flash programmers in the world

likely exceeds the number of WATCHOUT programmers by a factor of hundreds of thousands more.

It is a ubiquitous tool popular for use in web applications - the established knowledge base is vast.

And you are not limited to Flash, it is just one option.

Use any programming language / panel building system you feel comfortable with,

all that is required is the ability to send TCP/IP commands to WATCHOUT.

I need a integrated in WO tool, similar to ECUE's Action Pad, http://www.ecue.com/fileadmin/downloads/new2010/Product_Documentation/LIGHTING_APPLICATION_SUITE/System_Manual_LAS_55SR1.pdf

page 118.

With a tool like this we can create a control panel on the fly for all parameter in WO that can have an external control.

Alex

A tool like that would be a learning curve for everyone, as it is new to everyone.

The tool you reference seems to be very limited in scope and focused on a very narrow market segment.

As WATCHOUT addresses many markets with vastly different needs, such a tool would need to be equally as flexible.

Flash fits that bill. So do many others like Medialon, AMX, Crestron, Mediamation, ShowMan, etc.

Flash proficient programmers are easy to find, and in our economy,

lots of them looking for projects to keep afloat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...