MIDI Show Control in Watchout 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dataton Partner
On 5/22/2024 at 2:17 PM, jfk said:

Jason, you probably noticed I took your comment from another post and pushed it into this standalone topic. It is because I agree with your take on this.

In an effort to push this along, I am looking for some assistance from the community.

For the purpose of testing, does anyone know of a program that could be used to generate MIDI Show Control Go cues with cue list and cue number values? The simpler the better ;)

Hi @jfk, If you want to stay on windows = Try www.showcuesystems.com. Either the demo license which will work for 60 minutes (or 5 minutes after 30 days) or the fairly priced professional license does the job.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/22/2024 at 5:17 AM, jfk said:

Jason, you probably noticed I took your comment from another post and pushed it into this standalone topic. It is because I agree with your take on this.

In an effort to push this along, I am looking for some assistance from the community.

For the purpose of testing, does anyone know of a program that could be used to generate MIDI Show Control Go cues with cue list and cue number values? The simpler the better ;)

I was just re-opening this wound myself and I am glad there might be some movement toward including MSC in Watchout 7 (or at the very least forcing OSC to connect with TCP instead of UDP - the reason OSC drops cues is because of the connectionless nature of UDP)

The easiest thing to do, and the one most directly connected to how video cues are triggered in theater, would be to use an LX console or the software. You'd need a dongle for MSC output on EOS Nomad software, don't know if that's true for grandMA 3 offline (probably) or Chamsys MagicQ (possibly not, the whole software was available for free if you needed 1 universe or less). But ETC consoles output MSC with all of that information basically out of the box, all you have to do is write the cues. Otherwise, I would build something like this in TouchDesigner, which is the tool I use when developing anything for show or projector control. That is, uh, not the simple solution. 

Anyway, again, hope that MSC can be integrated into WO7, otherwise, it's not an option in theater.

On 8/26/2024 at 4:58 PM, newmethos said:

I was just re-opening this wound myself and I am glad there might be some movement toward including MSC in Watchout 7 (or at the very least forcing OSC to connect with TCP instead of UDP - the reason OSC drops cues is because of the connectionless nature of UDP) …

Anyway, again, hope that MSC can be integrated into WO7, otherwise, it's not an option in theater.

MIDI Show Control has already been added to WATCHOUT 7. It has not been released to the general public yet, as we are gathering feedback from selected testers. Unfortunately, we have only received feedback from one tester so far. Any volunteers to assist in getting this feature to release?