Changing the language in the watchout production

alex bartholo

Hi,

I live in Japan and work with japanese made computer for the watchout.

(win7 ultimate changed to English)

I installed the 5.3 version on the master production computer and now the soft is entirely in Japanese.

Is there any ways to revert to the english menu version ?

In Japan it's not possible to buy US version of Windows 7 so the only way is to buy an Ultimate version and then install the US language pack.

I hope this issue can be solved, i have a show on monday and i really need to work on an english version.

Any ideas ?

Best regards,

Alex

Hi,
The easiest way to turn off the Japanese translation is to rename the "ja" folder found in the WATCHOUT installation folder to something else, such as "ja-disabled", then restart WATCHOUT. To restore it, just rename it back again.

There's also a -Lang command line switch that can be used to force any available localisation. To use it, put it into the shortcut starting WATCHOUT, followed by the two character language code. Put a space character on either side of the -Lang switch, like this:

C:/WATCHOUT/WATCHMAKER.EXE -Lang tr

Where the first part is the path to the production software, as installed on your machine.

/jonas

Hi,

The easiest way to turn off the Japanese translation is to rename the "ja" folder found in the WATCHOUT installation folder to something else, such as "ja-disabled", then restart WATCHOUT. To restore it, just rename it back again.

There's also a -Lang command line switch that can be used to force any available localisation. To use it, put it into the shortuct starting WATCHOUT, followed by the two character language code. Put a space character on either side of the -Lang switch, like this:

C:/WATCHOUT/WATCHMAKER.EXE -Lang tr

Where the first part is the path to the production software, as installed on your machine. /jonas

Thanks for describing both methods Jonas. ;)

Renaming the language folder seems more encompasing, as that will work no matter how you start WATCHOUT.

The command line switch method requires always starting from a modified shortcut,

no double clicking on show files to initially open WATCHOUT, or it will revert back.

• 7 months later...

Hi, can u please describe how the lenguage setting is assigned?

Im Italian but using win7 english OS, keyboard is in italian.

Im now downloading again the installer having changed my nationality (sadly only virtually lol) >>>is each installer linked depending on nationality choosen?

:::

EDIT
forgot to specify that i do not want italian to be default lenguage but english.

same for display.

Because i didnt see any option in the preferences dialog. I see the new "nationality" folders in the installation root...but cant see the english file.

thanks

SOLVED:

changedREGIONAL FORMAT in windows preference. BUT this will not be good for my local format (date-time-currency etc etc), wich is , damn it, italian. 

Will it be possible in the future to choose our preferred lenguage in the watchout preferences?

thanks

Hi, can u please describe how the lenguage setting is assigned?

Im Italian but using win7 english OS, keyboard is in italian.

Im now downloading again the installer having changed my nationality (sadly only virtually lol) >>>is each installer linked depending on nationality choosen?

There is only one installer, it installs all language support.

EDIT

forgot to specify that i do not want italian to be default lenguage but english.

same for display.

Because i didnt see any option in the preferences dialog. I see the new "nationality" folders in the installation root...but cant see the english file.

thanks

SOLVED:

changedREGIONAL FORMAT in windows preference. BUT this will not be good for my local format (date-time-currency etc etc), wich is , damn it, italian. 

Will it be possible in the future to choose our preferred lenguage in the watchout preferences?

thanks

English is the default language if the Windows OS language selected is not one of the ones supported.

You can operate WATCHOUT in English even when a supported language is set in the OS

by disabling the supported language in WATCHOUT.

Do this by renaming the language support folder in the in the installation root.

For example, to disable Italian,

rename the folder named it to something else, it-disabled for example.

That would result in WATCHOUT sill running in English on a system with Win 7 running in Italian.

For example, to disable Italian,

rename the folder named it to something else, it-disabled for example.

That would result in WATCHOUT sill running in English on a system with Win 7 running in Italian.

Hi Jfk

I cleaned up my post as i was going on with different approaches. The one you suggested its the second that I tried. It works at the first launch of the software. Than after that it will automatically re install the missing/renamed lenguage turning the ui back to italian.

so far these are my attempts:

1-change keyboard lenguage > FAIL

2-rename "it" folder > FAIL

3-turn non-unicode software regional setting to USA > FAIL

4---select USA in the Regional/Local Format (numbers,currency,date format etc etc) >>> SUCCESS

so far no  issues, by the way I always preferred the japanese date format (year-month-day) wich is more logical in terms of progression, so this option change pushed me to set it like that once switched to USA format.

In summary i dont think this is a big issue, but for international needs it would be more practical to be abel to choose the lenguage during the installation.

thanks in case you can improve that.

cheers