Dark layer on live input

Misantrobot

Hi! Sort of newbie with WO, but I've searched and can't really find an answer. 

I have live input through a matrix, to my prodPC and two displayPCs. One of the displayPCs works just fine, it's kinda dark, but fixable. 

On the other displayPC there's a sort of.. Dark layer on top of the live input? There's also a.. String of pixels that looks correct? According to the prodPC they should show the exact same thing. If I look at what the capturecard in the displayPC gets, the picture is fine. 

See picture. 

What could be wrong? 

IMG_20191007_120030158_HDR.jpg

5 hours ago, Misantrobot said:

...  If I look at what the capturecard in the displayPC gets, the picture is fine. ...

Your manufacturer's utility uses their own proprietary driver. WATCHOUT uses a generic Microsoft  Windows Driver Model (WDM) driver the should be supplied by the same manufactuer. So the manufacturer's utility verifies the signal is connected properly, it does not verify the WDM driver is functioning properly. You might want to contact your vendor or check message boards related to that product to determine if there is a known WDM issue.

• Dataton Partner

I'd swap the images and (not at the same time) swap cables to see whether it is related to some disturbance or bound to a specific input. What happens if you change the resolution of the input? The dark part on the top actually looks as if you had a mask applied (display settings) or an automatic soft edge mask. Are your screens overlapping? 

3 hours ago, RBeddig said:

I'd swap the images and (not at the same time) swap cables to see whether it is related to some disturbance or bound to a specific input. What happens if you change the resolution of the input? The dark part on the top actually looks as if you had a mask applied (display settings) or an automatic soft edge mask. Are your screens overlapping? 

Wasn't a cable problem. It did help to separate the screens though! On my other kit with the same setup this wasn't a problem. 

Display settings, eh? Automatic soft edge mask? I'll check that out..