Insert/Delete Time

stiegzinator

We're programing a show in 6.0.1 and we're experiencing some issues with insert/delete time and wasn't sure if we're doing something incorrectly, or if this is a common issue other people are having. When we insert time, content later down in the timeline ends up getting shifted out of  sync from each other. As we work on our first pass through the show, it's not super difficult fixing the shifted content, but I'm nervous about using it too much if it causes more problems later in the timeline that I may not catch right away.

I saw this issue early and have used the option sparingly for concern of the timeline shifting.   I'm eager to hear from Dataton on the issue.

At least I'm not the only one having these issues. I've been wanting that feature for quite some time and was excited with that new feature, but it seems to be adding more problems than helping with programming.

We're programing a show in 6.0.1 and we're experiencing some issues with insert/delete time and wasn't sure if we're doing something incorrectly, or if this is a common issue other people are having. When we insert time, content later down in the timeline ends up getting shifted out of  sync from each other. As we work on our first pass through the show, it's not super difficult fixing the shifted content, but I'm nervous about using it too much if it causes more problems later in the timeline that I may not catch right away.

WATCHOUT should extend the timeline if it is needed, but I wonder if that mechanism is failing.

i.e. if the timeline does not have the additional time needed for the insert, 

I could see it disrupting timing when there is not enough space remaining to retain it.

Have you tried extending the timeline duration in timeline settings before inserting

to be sure adequate space is available to insert the new amount of time?

I would add a few hours to be safe and then trim it back when editing is complete.

WATCHOUT should extend the timeline if it is needed, but I wonder if that mechanism is failing.

i.e. if the timeline does not have the additional time needed for the insert, 

I could see it disrupting timing when there is not enough space remaining to retain it.

Have you tried extending the timeline duration in timeline settings before inserting

to be sure adequate space is available to insert the new amount of time?

I would add a few hours to be safe and then trim it back when editing is complete.

We have plenty of time at the end of the timeline that it shouldn't need to add time to the timeline. We have 30 minutes of time at the end, and we're seeing issues pile up later when we try to add 30 seconds of time into a cue.

• 3 weeks later...