Display screens randomly missaligned

ManuelM

I am having this issue from 2 weeks ago.

My setup consists on a production computer and a display computer connected to 4 screens that make a rectangular display wall. Both are running WO 6.1.6.

What is happening is that, randomly, the last screen of the series connected to the Display computer is missaligning, the image starts drawing like 10 lines lower than the rest. In the production computer everything seems fine and there are no chages. There have been no updates or new software installed in any of the computers. This problem randomly appears and dissapears without any sign or warning.

image.png.d1f2a91ab9fdfd5d3e0af60f6afba7a7.png

Any clues on what could be happening?

This could be related to the display or the display chain (adaptors and cables connecting the display). GPU settings are also a possible concern. While this type of thing was less unusual in the analog days, less common in a full digital display chain. Anyway, more detail on the display and connection chain might be helpful. Seriously doubt this is a WATCHOUT bug however.

3 hours ago, jfk said:

This could be related to the display or the display chain (adaptors and cables connecting the display). GPU settings are also a possible concern. While this type of thing was less unusual in the analog days, less common in a full digital display chain. Anyway, more detail on the display and connection chain might be helpful. Seriously doubt this is a WATCHOUT bug however.

Each display is conected to an independent exit of the GPU and the signal travels through an HDMI over ethernet extender. I wouldn't blame it on GPU settings because there have been no changes or updates.

On 11/27/2022 at 11:21 AM, ManuelM said:

... I wouldn't blame it on GPU settings because there have been no changes or updates. ...

Probably so. But if EDID is obtained from the display chain, it could exhibit varying behavior vs EDID that is locked down.

21 hours ago, jfk said:

Probably so. But if EDID is obtained from the display chain, it could exhibit varying behavior vs EDID that is locked down.

Looks like I have no way of obtaining information about EDID. According to Nvidia, this information should be in the "workstation" area of the control panel but I don't have that on my setup.

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3569/~/managing-a-display-edid-on-windows

• Dataton Partner

From my experience, HDBase-T sometimes shows incompatibility issues between transmitters and receivers. Especially when it comes to older variants.

The second point is that I never copy an EDID signal from a display since this includes all possible frequencies the display is capable of working with. I either use external EDID minders with only one frequency burnt in or the EDID settings of the graphic cards driver.

• 1 month later...
On 12/1/2022 at 10:33 PM, RBeddig said:

From my experience, HDBase-T sometimes shows incompatibility issues between transmitters and receivers. Especially when it comes to older variants.

The second point is that I never copy an EDID signal from a display since this includes all possible frequencies the display is capable of working with. I either use external EDID minders with only one frequency burnt in or the EDID settings of the graphic cards driver.

Dear RBeddig,

but shouldn't it be irrelevant which settings are provided in the EDID of the display device, since you can only choose one setting? By the way, TO obviously used no workstation card, so no internal EDID emulation. Also there was nothing mentioned about HDBase-T, he talked about an HDMI over Ethernet converter. HDBase-T has nothing to do with Ethernet.