Send audio files to seperate outputs (ESI Gigaport eX)

Brecht

Hi, 

I just got a ESI Gigaport eX, since it was recommended by someone in the Facebook group. It is detected by Windows without driver as promised. So far so good. But now I'm stuck on how to get it integrated in my project and how to send my 4 sound files to my 4 different outputs/speakers. Can someone help me out? Also the 'Audio Out' menu in the windowed output is greyed out, I cannot select it.

I use the latest version 6.7.2.
Audiocard is connected to the display computer.

Thanks a lot for your help.

To assign the audio cue/file channel output:
https://www.dataton.com/watchout-users-guide/cues/sound-cue-specifications

and how do you connect the audio interface? 
Production PC:  File>Preferences> Audio out setting

Choose the interface & set the correct output channel

NOTE: The “Audio Out” settings in the Preferences dialog box apply only to the production computer.

Display PC.
Each display computer has its own, independent assignment of audio output channel. This is accessed through the “Audio Out” menu shown by pressing Ctrl-W on a display computer (see https://www.dataton.com/watchout-users-guide/installation/sound

1 hour ago, jfk said:

please indicate WATCHOUT version, is the interface connected to watchmaker/ production or watchpoint / display?

In the meantime I have acces to the 'Audio Out' menu in the display computer, but I can 't get any sound to play from the card in WO. In Windows it plays fine. When I select the LCD screen connected to the display computer the sound I hear the sound through the internal speakers from the screen. But when I select the ESI audiocard or the minijack out from the displaycomputer there is no sound going to the speakers. Thanks for the help already.

22 hours ago, Brecht said:

In the meantime I have acces to the 'Audio Out' menu in the display computer, but I can 't get any sound to play from the card in WO. In Windows it plays fine. When I select the LCD screen connected to the display computer the sound I hear the sound through the internal speakers from the screen. But when I select the ESI audiocard or the minijack out from the displaycomputer there is no sound going to the speakers. Thanks for the help already.

Could you provide a screenshot of the watchpoint computer’s Audio Out menu with an output selected so we can see the available audio output choices? (Something like this …IMG_0196.thumb.jpeg.8f633c6568c4040e7bb78c9d94813aa3.jpeg

In your audio cue, How are you designating the display computer for audio output? Are you using the output channel assignments tab to route your outputs? Is the audio volume tween set above 0 ?

IMG_0197.thumb.jpeg.099ad39e7bbbaee3ff0553b9fe372a28.jpeg

5 hours ago, jfk said:

Could you provide a screenshot of the watchpoint computer’s Audio Out menu with an output selected so we can see the available audio output choices? (Something like this …IMG_0196.thumb.jpeg.8f633c6568c4040e7bb78c9d94813aa3.jpeg

In your audio cue, How are you designating the display computer for audio output? Are you using the output channel assignments tab to route your outputs? Is the audio volume tween set above 0 ?

IMG_0197.thumb.jpeg.099ad39e7bbbaee3ff0553b9fe372a28.jpeg

I'll post a screenshot tomorrow, when I'm back at the office. Anyways, volume tween is set to 100. I guess my WO project is configurateed fine, since I hear the sound coming from the LCD screen which is connected to the HDMI port, when I select it as Audio output. But when I select ESI of onbaord card with minijack out, it doesn't work, although I can get sound from WIndows.

16 hours ago, Jim Testa said:

We just tested one in our office and it worked.  Are you using the ASIO driver?

No I didn't install any driver at all. It works after rebooting the display computer by the way. But I can't figure out how I select in Watchout production what output channel on the soundcard I want to use. I have 4 seperate audiofiles and I want them to be played on 4 different outputs.