check current condition layer status on WO Production

kai

Dear All,

I will need urgent help for during running show How can I check curent condition layer status on WO production? , any tcp command please,

EX. current status it's condition 1..

WATCHOUT 6.6.5

Regards,

KAI

any command to check condition layer status

• kai changed the title to check current condition layer status on WO Production

No, there is no command to determine conditional layer status. Conditional layers are typically used with external control methods. The control system should keep track of conditional layer status. Anytime the control system sends a conditional layer command, it sets the status of every conditional layer.
And a reminder,      enableLayerCond 0        does NOT turn off all conditions, it resets to the default conditional layer states defined in the preferences tab when the show was saved.

42 minutes ago, jfk said:

No, there is no command to determine conditional layer status. Conditional layers are typically used with external control methods. The control system should keep track of conditional layer status. Anytime the control system sends a conditional layer command, it sets the status of every conditional layer.
And a reminder,      enableLayerCond 0        does NOT turn off all conditions, it resets to the default conditional layer states defined in the preferences tab when the show was saved.

Dear JFK,

Thank you so much for fast reply, yes a little confuse with cond 0,  I will save no condition layer enable in preference but after send command enable layer 1 then send back to enable layer 0 but it's still enable layer 1.

KAI

6 hours ago, kai said:

… yes a little confuse with cond 0,  I will save no condition layer enable in preference but after send command enable layer 1 then send back to enable layer 0 but it's still enable layer 1. …

I would t check that, There have been no confirmed reports of that being an issue.

On 12/17/2023 at 10:15 PM, RBeddig said:

Hi Kai,

To calculate the conditional layer, you need to add all the conditions...

To turn all conditions on is 1073741823.

If you then add another "1", you'll turn all conditions off.

enableLayerCond 1073741824$0D

condLayer.watch 10.77 kB · 2 downloads

Hi Rainer,

Your sample session it's that I need and help me a lot, last week it's nightmare for me during a show,

Thank you so much

KAI

On 12/18/2023 at 3:09 AM, matkeane said:

If you're only switching 1 conditional layer, you probably don't need an external app, but otherwise I built a little app a while ago to manage them - https://matkeane.com/app/conditional-layers-utility-en. I haven't updated it in a while, but it it could be of help, let me know.

Hi,

Your utilities it's made me more understand about watchout condition,

Thank you so much.

KAI

10 hours ago, Mike Fahl said:

I guess you could make a timeline that's always active that sets an input depending on enabled layer condition. I believe you can get the input value from WO. That's more of a work-around for obtaining this, and would really only work for a single layer condition being enabled at a time, but could get you out of a pinch if need be.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes, your guess it's correct, and now i'm waiting for WO7 to see all new feature, I hope it's can try to download beta version soon for testing.

Regards,

KAI

Hi Kai,

Sorry, as Jim says, WATCHOUT 6 does not have any feedback command to return the status of the active layers. But I have in this post included a small example program that have one timeline "ActiveLayers" that, when run, will send feedback to a UDP host with IP 192.168.10.10 / port 12345, with the number of the active layers 1-5.

So what you need to to do in your control system is listen to the port you setup in WATCHOUT as feedback and the correct IP number pointing to your control system.

Send the command "run ActiveLayers" to WATCHOUT production computer on port 3040, using UDP or TCP, also make sure you enabled external control under File/Preferences/Control. The timeline will return a number 1,2,3,4,5 or a combination of numbers indicating which layers that is active, back to your control system.

If you want status of more layers, just add more layers to the timeline "ActiveLayers", set the correct condition on the layer you add and copy paste the string out cue and change the number that you send in the string out cue to indicate the layer that is active or not.

Hope this helps.

Cheers! /jme

ReturnActiveLayers.watch

I ended up taking a similar approach with my app - since it's not possible to get the current state from Watchout, I manage all changes in the app. So if I want to change a layer condition, I send an output string from Watchout with the command to the app, which calculates the appropriate value (taking other layer conditions into account) and then the app sends an 'enableLayerCond' command back to Watchout. If you're only sending commands from Watchout, the app can function just as a monitor of the current layer states, or you can manage commands sent from Watchout along with, for example, changes triggered from a Streamdeck.

I think, somewhere, I have a Watchout project with 30 solid layers with the visibility controlled by conditional layers to make sure the current state in Watchout matches what I think it should be. I really should dig that out and tidy it up...

2 hours ago, matkeane said:

I ended up taking a similar approach with my app - since it's not possible to get the current state from Watchout, I manage all changes in the app. So if I want to change a layer condition, I send an output string from Watchout with the command to the app, which calculates the appropriate value (taking other layer conditions into account) and then the app sends an 'enableLayerCond' command back to Watchout. If you're only sending commands from Watchout, the app can function just as a monitor of the current layer states, or you can manage commands sent from Watchout along with, for example, changes triggered from a Streamdeck.

I think, somewhere, I have a Watchout project with 30 solid layers with the visibility controlled by conditional layers to make sure the current state in Watchout matches what I think it should be. I really should dig that out and tidy it up...

Hi,

It is not 100% done yet, but the first approach for WATCHOUT 7, will probably be that we move the "condition" part into the cue and not on the layer. Also the condition will be a expression evaluated from any number of variables, internal or external, where the external can be controlled by MIDI/ArtNet/OSC/TCP/UDP. If you want to mimic a condition on a layer you can multiple select all cues on a layer and set the same expression for all of them.

So in short, the concept of conditional layers will not be, initially, implemented into WATCHOUT 7, but replaced by a more generic "enable/disable" a cue on the fly approach. This unless the community screams out loudly, then we might implement the old conditional layer function later.

/jme

On 12/19/2023 at 5:54 PM, jme said:

Hi Kai,

Sorry, as Jim says, WATCHOUT 6 does not have any feedback command to return the status of the active layers. But I have in this post included a small example program that have one timeline "ActiveLayers" that, when run, will send feedback to a UDP host with IP 192.168.10.10 / port 12345, with the number of the active layers 1-5.

So what you need to to do in your control system is listen to the port you setup in WATCHOUT as feedback and the correct IP number pointing to your control system.

Send the command "run ActiveLayers" to WATCHOUT production computer on port 3040, using UDP or TCP, also make sure you enabled external control under File/Preferences/Control. The timeline will return a number 1,2,3,4,5 or a combination of numbers indicating which layers that is active, back to your control system.

If you want status of more layers, just add more layers to the timeline "ActiveLayers", set the correct condition on the layer you add and copy paste the string out cue and change the number that you send in the string out cue to indicate the layer that is active or not.

Hope this helps.

Cheers! /jme

ReturnActiveLayers.watch 11.64 kB · 5 downloads

Hi Jme,

Amazing, that is perfect for me to use in our show, after I made a mistake with condition layer in 4 show last week but this topic it's made a smooth running and your session it's make me feel more comfortable.

Thank you sou much.

Kai