watchout stuck

assafyosef

hi,

i have a system with 2 computers running 8 1280x800 projectors running with watchout5

the movie is looped always non stop and i just power on and off the projectors . it worked like this for more then 2 years.

recently one of the computer is stuck on the first frame of the movie ( looks like the first frame, i'm not sure ) almost every day they power the projector on, and sometimes it get stuck while the projectors are on.

i looked at the windows log and i see loadperf error 3012, don't know if it is related.

i scheduled a daily restart , but it doesn't solve it.

how can i troubleshoot it ?

thank you,

assaf

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

i followed this procedure and fixed the loadperf - but the problem still occurs.

this happens on the main computer - not the slave one. and it looks like it stuck at the start of the movie.

i ran computer check for the graphic card, cpu, memory, disc, and temp , and all passed with no warnings.

attached are logs i found on this computer. 3 logs for the main computer and 1 for the slave computer.

i must solve this problem . please help me 

thank you,

assaf

log00049.txt log00606.txt log00607.txt log slave.txt

The big issue is you indicate it has worked for two years. Clearly something has changed in the hardware or OS configuration.

Quite honestly, I am surprised it ever worked as described — running computers 24/7 while turning on and off displays every day. Unless you are running EDID management, just a really bad idea. I would expect loops to stop and other issues when you force a graphics card reset by disrupting the display connection while the show is running. Sounds normal to me. Best practice is to power down display computers first / before powering down displays last. And then power up displays first and power up computers last. Running computers when nothing is being displayed is wasteful of energy and destabilizes the computer.

But as you indicated, it worked for two years for you. As such, pretty much leaves you on your own when you have had success with less than best practice. And now you are seeing what we would expect all along, so how does anyone address that?  iono.gif

"i ran computer check for the graphic card, cpu, memory, disc"

• Dataton Partner

What jumps into my eye are these time stamps.

{ "date" : "2019-01-25", "time" : "3:04:35:186", "severity" : "error", "error" : { "kind" : "Network",
"code" : 0, "excuse" : "Display computer: Disappeared", "source" : "Display \"Display 2\" of Stage Tier \"Base\" of Stage" }
},
{ "date" : "2019-01-26", "time" : "3:04:35:450", "severity" : "error", "error" : { "kind" : "Network",
"code" : 0, "excuse" : "Display computer: Disappeared", "source" : "Display \"Display 2\" of Stage Tier \"Base\" of Stage" }
},
{ "date" : "2019-01-27", "time" : "3:04:39:981", "severity" : "error", "error" : { "kind" : "Network",
},
{ "date" : "2019-01-28", "time" : "3:04:39:896", "severity" : "error", "error" : { "kind" : "Network",
},

What is happening in your installation at 03:04 every day. Are you shutting the computer down at this time?

If not, I would investigate the Windows scheduler. There are numerous things happening in a computer in regular intervals and if errors happen at the same time every day it might be something triggered by the scheduler.

19 hours ago, jfk said:

The big issue is you indicate it has worked for two years. Clearly something has changed in the hardware or OS configuration.

Quite honestly, I am surprised it ever worked as described — running computers 24/7 while turning on and off displays every day. Unless you are running EDID management, just a really bad idea. I would expect loops to stop and other issues when you force a graphics card reset by disrupting the display connection while the show is running. Sounds normal to me. Best practice is to power down display computers first / before powering down displays last. And then power up displays first and power up computers last. Running computers when nothing is being displayed is wasteful of energy and destabilizes the computer.

But as you indicated, it worked for two years for you. As such, pretty much leaves you on your own when you have had success with less than best practice. And now you are seeing what we would expect all along, so how does anyone address that?  iono.gif

"i ran computer check for the graphic card, cpu, memory, disc"

i have edid management over there , so even if the projector is off, the computer doesnt see it

On 9/10/2019 at 6:49 AM, assafyosef said:

i have edid management over there , so even if the projector is off, the computer doesnt see it

Then I suspect your EDID management has changed / malfunctioned, as you are now seeing what would be expected if there were no EDID management.