Watchnet + WO Production Setup

jahvisual

Hi, I looked for solutions before post.

I'm Learning how watchnet works using the watchnet guide. I'm stuck with the "Configured watchout production computers" setting into the "Subsystem" section.

Goal: 

• Use the production to drive the project using at the same time watchnet to control some tasks and sliders.

Setup:

• 1 production + watchnet (Acer Laptop) 
  • 1 display (watchPax 4) 
  • WO version 6.4.1 both
  • WN version 1.4

I programmed a simple WO project with 3 Tasks and a WN to control one of these tasks. Everything works fine.
When I try to use the production and the WN at the same time the production takes full controll.
I tried to setup the production computer into the WN "Configured watchout production computers" setting, but it doesn't find any production adress. Forcing it manually an error popup when I try to push it Online.

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

img1- can't find production pc
img2- forced production IP
img3- watchnet logs

prod.thumb.PNG.515f9841d38f836a4a2ad6dd52d0ddc2.PNGprod2.thumb.PNG.b842639cda51c2992e82d0434e5f3d7a.PNGprodErrors.thumb.PNG.496b090a31fbd7c922135ff741ac8269.PNG

Guest Angelica Cederin

Hi,

How many license keys are you using? WATCHNET requires its own license, so if you want to use WATCHOUT and WATCHNET at the same time, you will need 2 license keys.

Best Regards,

Angelica
Dataton

6 hours ago, jahvisual said:

Hi,
Somewhere I read that you can use one dongle for both.

Sort of. For dongles purchased prior to June 2019 you can use one dongle for either. But not both at the same time.

Maybe this is what I'm doing wrong.

I will test it with two dongles!
They can be both WO dongles, right? Or do I need a wo dongle + wn dongle?

Thank you,
J

The WATCHNET dongle must be a WATCHOUT dongle capable of supporting WATCHOUT 5 (use WATCHOUT Production License Manger to check supported versions). There are WATCHOUT dongles that only support v6 and those can not be used for WATCHNET.

• Dataton Partner

They can be both WO dongles, right? Or do I need a wo dongle + wn dongle?

Yes, the "WATCHOUT dongle actually acts as a general key for all software products which need a dongle, i.e. WATCHNET, WATCHMAKER, WATCHPOINT or the Dynamic Image Server.

16 hours ago, jfk said:

Sort of. For dongles purchased prior to June 2019 you can use one dongle for either. But not both at the same time.

The WATCHNET dongle must be a WATCHOUT dongle capable of supporting WATCHOUT 5 (use WATCHOUT Production License Manger to check supported versions). There are WATCHOUT dongles that only support v6 and those can not be used for WATCHNET.

Hi Jim, if you have a WO 6 only dongle, is it possible to add WO 5 licensing online to use with WN?

Regards,

Quim

On 11/7/2019 at 8:57 AM, Quim said:

Hi Jim, if you have a WO 6 only dongle, is it possible to add WO 5 licensing online to use with WN?

Regards,

Quim

No, if you want version 5 added onto a version 6 only key you will need to send the key to Dataton for a physical swap i.e. version 5 cannot be added electronically. And there will be a minor fee for the administration of this.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Carl Aldrich Cabigon said:

How many watchout dongle / licenses do i need to buy to setup on a LED WALL DISPLAY 19M Wide x 5M High?

The wall physical measurements are incomplete information. Wall processors typically can scale an input to fill the space, although ideally you would want no scaling. What is important is the target resolution in pixels. The wall processors input resolution is also a factor in determining requirements. Pixel pitch, wall processor input capability and any wall processor scaling would determine how many pixels are needed to fill that physical measurement.

• Dataton Partner

The actual question is: how many graphic card outputs are needed to fill your LED wall. WATCHOUT supports display servers with up to 6 outputs on one physical graphic card and you can network more than one display server in one WATCHOUT system. Each display server needs one license key.

Apart from that, you'll need an extra license key for the production computer. This computer (often a powerful notebook) is needed to arrange your show and, in live shows, to operate the show. So the minimum number of keys needed is always TWO.

BTW, if you are using more than one graphic card output for your LED screen, you should look for graphic card(s) with internal frame lock and/or sync boards!