1. Today
  2. DavidA

Quicktime Error-8961

As Daned wrote in the post of January 4th: Best regards, David
  3. Yesterday
  4. sanjeev ram

Quicktime Error-8961

Did we find out a solution to this ?
  5. Yes. WATCHOUT can only work with one GPU. The onboard GPU needs to be disabled in bios or Windows drivers. Preferably bios.
  6. Sorry to not describe properly yes my problem is on board graphic and external graphic card both detecting display so as you said i have to disable on board graphic from bios right ?
  7. Last week
  8. Mike Fahl

Dynamic Image Server and Instagram

The Instagram API I used back then is no longer available, so this function wouldn't work now anyway. PIXILAB Blocks has built-in support for Instagram feeds, but even that has been quite constrained by the latest round of Instagram API restrictions. Mike
  9. I'm not sure whether I really get your question. From your screenshots, you're using a computer with two different monitors with native resolutions of 1920x1200 (MIG) and 1920x1080 (mobile). If you want to use this computer as a display computer, you can use both outputs in WATCHOUT. Both have the same IP number but the output numbers differ (1, 2). Or do you use a computer with a graphic card (WX7100) and an onboard graphic card. In this case, you'll need to disable the onboard graphic card in your bios settings.
  10. hi i m using wx7100 if i use single cable display output then also desktop showing 2 display 1 is mobile display how to solve this problem i have tried install & uninstalling still now working you can check i have added pic also
  11. jfk

Unfortunately the post referred to back in 2012 -> Dataton Academy cookbook post with sample code is no longer available online. Show Sage used to actually include the Instagram Dynamic Image Server function in their trade show exhibits and in their Dataton WATCHOUT training years ago. But I can not find any info on it today.
  12. hojoos

Nice info, but i need more(
  13. Playground

Trade show displays

Please feel free to Contact FMAV at 905 281 9000
  14. For some reason it would not let me delete them directly there - so I had to go into windows/system32/tasks and delete them manually there. They did not reappear after rebooting.
  15. Antonio Masero

Datapath VisionSC-UHD2

Problem solved! From Datapath they comment on a problem related to DirectShow filters that are not exposed correctly in the latest version of the Vision driver. And they tell me a test: Close the WatchPoint application. Then, in device management, you can disable the AVStream driver, then wait 5 seconds and then enable it. Then, reopen WatchPoint and see if the capture devices are working correctly. (Note: after restarting the problem will persist). If this is successful, a patch exists so that the problem does not persist after a restart. a greeting!!
  16. Hello JFK, In this case it would be 6.3.1 and 6.2, the problem happens with still images or videos. However, we think we found the culprit and will be testing further tomorow to confirm but it looks like it's a license key issue, the hardware dongle itself. Changing it seems to have solve the problems but we barely tested at the end of our troubleshooting day. I will post the confirmation after the tests. Thanks for helping!
  17. Please indicate the WATCHOUT version when positing questions like this. A caching error would indicating a problem with a still image file. Have you tried editing the still image item in the media list to set the transparency specifically (default is automatic)?
  18. Hello, I find a bug of 6.3.1. it 's happed like this. I have a audio track wav file, it is free running and loop , and a pic fade out and pause cue between this audio track. when my pause cue just at the end of pic cue, the audio will pause too. if i just shift the pause cue a frame before or later. the audio will not pause. hope this useful for others thanks Du
  19. Earlier
  20. cowboyclint

Feature requests? - POST here

Hi All, Having gotten used to After Effects time jumping methods, I sure would love to have Watchout do the same thing. In AE, I type minutes(decimal)seconds(decimal)frames. 01.01.10 and I go to 1 minute 1 second 10 frames. If I could do the same thing in WO then I would never have to take my hand off the number pad after I type CNTRL J. I know it wouldn't be frames, that's fine, I just don't want to move my hand to hit Shift ; all the time. Please and Thank you.
  21. Ruben Wessels

Unstable WATCHNET situation..

Hi there, I'm having some trouble on a fixed install with a Windows 10 Touch PC running watchnet to control timelines in a cluster of 2 Watchpax 4's. This server is also running a schedule to turn on the system in the morning and shut it down at the end of the day. Sometimes the server loses its connection to the watchpaxes or something and thus the system doesn't start up/shut down. I keep getting these WorkManager errors in the server window, sometimes directly on startup, sometimes after a few hours. I attached the log file, the first 2 lines are the 2 watchpaxes losing their communication. I need to fix this issue asap, but i'm not sure where to look.. Any tips on what to do? -No firewall running. -No internet connection -All fixed IP's -Art-net running on the network to control some lighting (controlled by WO) Complete reinstall of the Watchnet system? Or the whole windows installation? Hope anyone can help me, Thanks in advance! Kind regards, Ruben Wessels The Netherlands WATCHNET.log
  22. RBeddig

Videos not playing properly

Smooth playback depends mostly on file size, hardware specs and computer tweaking. I assume that your server is completely tweaked following the tweaking guidelines for Win 7!? Are your SSDs using RAID-0 configuration - and is WATCHOUT installed on this SSD raid? Is your OS on a separate SSD or at least on a separate partition? Have you checked the reading speed of your WATCHOUT SSD? Since you're using an 8-core CPU it might be a good idea to use chunks when encoding HAP.
  23. Alex Ramos

Christopher don't take this the wrong way, but you need to do some research on your one. Use google and youtube. Me and David give you all the info you need in the thread to convert any video to Hap using FFMPEG. About the compression rate, HAP has no adjustable ratio, its fixed, use Hap for good image quality and use HapQ for better quality. 1 -> Download FFMPEG for Windows from ffmpeg win64 2 -> Extract the contents of the Bin folder to your c:/windows/system32/ ignore the other files (This is not the correct way to do, but it's the easiest) 3 -> Place the attached .rar file on you Desktop and extract 4 -> Drag and Drop the original video file to the .bat, the new converted file will be placed on the Desktop Desktop.rar Edit: Hap requires the video resolutions to be multiples of 4. The .bat files will check the resolution of the input file before converting, and if needed change it to the nearest multiple of 4 number. Ex: original video 320x282 after conversion 320x280
  24. Hello guys, We are currently installing a new display computer and are stumbling upon issues and while we are still testing and hunting for solutions I would like to dive in the collective minds for solutions. x299 (MSI raider) i7 8 cores w9100 32GB ram (4channel of 8GB) on board network adapter (1Gbps) Win10 pro (we are trying win10 entreprise LTSB atm) win10 tweak list applied Problems: -1- some medias just do not show up on the display computer, we tried solid and a jpeg. The same media that was not showing can start showing after a reboot and a new media was affected. The reason we haven't tried other media is number -2- -2- file transfer do not complete, it either freezes on a file and gives us a caching error. Solutions tried and current troubleshoot: -1- ran memtest86, RAM is fine -2- ran iPerf3, network is fine -3- tried different disk and different storage tech (ssd, nvme, HDD), no difference -4- tried the same sessions on a different display machine which was then working flawlessly -5- tried to install win7 pro. It doesn't work as x299 and the new i7 are not supported and external drivers won't install -6- we are currently trying win10 entreprise LTSB with the tweak list, will update post with result Considerations With win7 phased out and with new hardware being unsuported anyways we are entering a phase of uncertainty with Watchout where we will embark on multi day testing not knowing if it's our hardware, the driver versions, a faulty component, a tweak, an addon that causes the problem. I guess it was always the case but not at this level, troubleshoot will always take place but having a media server that doesn't officialy and rigorously support the current OS in place is tricky at best. For years we had the win7pro fallback, it doesn't apply anymore and win10 obviously has issues, for many users. It would greatly help to be able to rule out the OS as the possible culprit when having problems. Does Dataton has any OS plan for the upcomming year? Do you guys ever plan on moving to linux and skip all the windows nonsense? Do you plan on releasing a fully win10 compliant Watchout? Thank you for the upcomming help and for the great product, it might give us headaches recently but it's still our favorite one regards
  25. Nicolas Marino

Datapath VisionSC-UHD2

I´m waiting for my new UHD2 and I read this post... I wrote an mail to Datapath support: We have recently been made aware of an issue regarding the DirectShow filters not always being exposed correctly and believe that this has been resolved in the new VisionDriver released yesterday:https://www.datapath.co.uk/datapath-current-downloads/vision-capture-card-downloads/vision-drivers/vision-drivers-1/551-visioninstall-v7-19-4Please give it a try and let me know if the issue is resolved. Please let me know If you have luck with this! Thank´s
  26. christopherav

Am trying for smooth playback and reduce file size by compressing the media file..
  27. christopherav

Presently our output servers are ; can you suggest me a good compresssion rate now for hap videos to reduce file size ? Processor- AMD FX 8 CORE PROCESSOR. BLACK EDITION (FX9590), 5Ghz. MOTHER BOARD- ASUS CROSSHAIR, V FORMULA Z. GRAPHIC CARD- AMD FIRE PRO W-7000. POWER SUPPLY- COOLER MASTER V12000, PLATINUM. COOLER- CORSAIR H100i HYDRO SERIES. SSD HARD DISK 2 No's- SAMSUNG SSD, 840 PRO SERIES 128GB. DVD WRITER- ASUS 24X GREEN DVD WRITER DRW-24D3ST. RAM 2 NO'S- CORSAIR DDR3, 8GB VENGEANCE PRO SERIES. windows 7 Home basic 64bit. thank you.
  28. DavidA

Hi! You have to decide on the compression rates yourself as I have no idea on how your system is setup nor what you want to achieve. Here are an example to convert to HAP. set input="E:\video\test\smple.mp4" ffmpeg.exe -i %input% -an -ss 120 -t 30 -c:v hap -format hap -chunks 4 -y bbb_2160p30_hap.mov ffmpeg.exe -i %input% -an -ss 120 -t 30 -c:v hap -format hap_q -chunks 4 -y bbb_2160p30_hapq.mov Where: -i = input file -an = no audio -ss = start stream time (seconds), you can skip this option -t = duration (seconds), you can skip this option -c:v = codec for video -format = codec specific format (can be hap, hap_q or hap_alpha) -chunks = number of chunks for multi threaded decoding -y = over-write output file without prompting, you can skip this option
  29. christopherav

if i have to convert a sample.mp4 video to hap video what would be the command? and if i have to put some compresssion to it, what would be the best compression rate? how would be the command goes?
  1. Load more activity