Could you add video count down function on WO ?

Is there anyway in WatchOut to have a text based clock count down to a specific time. At the moment we are having to render a video file and try to work out how long to set it in so the time is accurate. Would be a lot easier if watchout could do it natively.

Thanks.

Is there anyway in WatchOut to have a text based clock count down to a specific time. At the moment we are having to render a video file and try to work out how long to set it in so the time is accurate. Would be a lot easier if watchout could do it natively.

Thanks.

Instead of making a video,

it may be easier with a couple of embedded compositions

and 12 or 13 still images for the digits and punctiuation.

As accurate as you want it to be.

BTW This is discussed in the thread: Feature requests? - POST here,

post #40, #42, #69

• Dataton Partner

The strange thing is, this information is somewhat already available within Watchout, it just isn't put to use :

Try using the Watchout remote on your phone = timeline will give an accurate countdown till the next (pause or play) cue. So just put in a play cue at the point you wish the countdown to end and you're set.

Otherwise, I indeed always use a (very small and efficiently) rendered video, which has the drawback you have to set your stage window in best quality. So if that's an issue, the procedure as described above also works like a charm.

So happy with soooo many of the improvements in WO6 that I can forgive this (in my view) minor drawback, as this is easily overcome.

The strange thing is, this information is somewhat already available within Watchout, it just isn't put to use :

Try using the Watchout remote on your phone = timeline will give an accurate countdown till the next (pause or play) cue. So just put in a play cue at the point you wish the countdown to end and you're set.

To be clear, the information is available in the .watch file, but WATCHOUT remote does the work.

i.e. WATCHOUT remote scans the entire .watch file for all control cues,

makes a list of all of the control cues for quick jumps,

and it parses out control cue PAUSE time points so it can generate its countdown timer.

Extracting all of its needed info from the .watch file provides its "self programming".

Just my two cents -

I stick to the pre-rendered video. Aftereffects(and premier) has a timecode function, I make one 5 minute one and use it for everything with different in times per cue.

I've had repeated issues with using images in a comp for this. I'm not sure exactly why, either.... The images never seem to play back the way I intend. That being said, I never gave it much effort as I found the other method just as easy.

But yeah, countdowns would be great :)!

Z

Instead of making a video,

it may be easier with a couple of embedded compositions

and 12 or 13 still images for the digits and punctiuation.

As accurate as you want it to be.

BTW This is discussed in the thread: Feature requests? - POST here,

post #40, #42, #69

You can do this really easily with the text tool, too. I create 2min, 1min, 30s, 15s, and individual 10s down to 0s title cards, animate them just off-stage, and copy and paste them over each video. This also gives you an easy way to jump 30s out for rehearsal.

w.

You can do this really easily with the text tool, too. I create 2min, 1min, 30s, 15s, and individual 10s down to 0s title cards, animate them just off-stage, and copy and paste them over each video. This also gives you an easy way to jump 30s out for rehearsal.

w.

What about if you want to count down to 9pm but you don't know when you will be starting the cue with the clock. Some shows the clock might be up at 8:10pm others 8:50pm and some shows might count down to 9:30pm for instance.

What about if you want to count down to 9pm but you don't know when you will be starting the cue with the clock. Some shows the clock might be up at 8:10pm others 8:50pm and some shows might count down to 9:30pm for instance.

Best way to do that may be by triggering the countdown aux timeline from WATCHNET scheduler.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks.

....could be great....