Losing sync on outputs from same Display computer

Sasha

Hey guys, after reading all the sync related posts I could find, I am still no closer to solving my issue. Here is what's happening. I am trying to play 1 video file across 2 Christie FHD461-x 1920x1080 native displays. Each display is being fed by it's own output on the same display computer. Unfortunately I am losing sync once the animations start to speed up. Output 1 on the bottom is animating slightly faster than output 2 directly above it. I have tried splitting the content up into 2 pieces and using a video proxy (not sure if this is even needed when using just 1 display computer), however this gives me the same result. Files are mp4 with constant bit rate. 

Graphics Card: AMD Firepro v7900

Please help. Taking any and all suggestions. Not sure where to go from here. Thanks guys!

Sasha

Hey,

I have similarly experienced sync failure of 60fps video show on LED wall and also on projectors .

You cannot recognize the sync failure In most case of slow motion of video show though,

that does not mean the video show is going on perfectly synchronized.

Once the show goes fast with such as X-Sports scene or funky video effects, it sometimes come recognizable on the lines of junction (of projection or LED cluster)

I would say the disparity only matters of one or two frames at top among the 60frames however, once it comes recognizable, it would never be solved nor ignored by itself. 

Performance of all the computers run WATCHOUT above was quite good enough.

After all attempts and struggle, I am now assuming that the sync over the WATCHOUT network cluster works better than the sync within a graphic card.

I would try with two separate WATCHOUT computers and pull the video channel one from each. 

I have tried splitting the content up into 2 pieces and using a video proxy (not sure if this is even needed when using just 1 display computer), however this gives me the same result. Files are mp4 with constant bit rate. 

​On the same rig, you can try a different video formats. If you're on v5, I suggest MPEG2 or Animation. If you're on v6 you have more options, such as HAP, ProRes etc.

Graphics Card: AMD Firepro v7900

Even in a single machine, you still need the s400 Sync card for frame critical installations. Do you have one installed?

After all attempts and struggle, I am now assuming that the sync over the WATCHOUT network cluster works better than the sync within a graphic card.

Not true!! A perfectly tweaked WATCHOUT Display computer with an AMD FirePro + s400 card provides frame locked playback. It works on a single machine as well as across multiple chassis (Display computers). 

The WATCHOUT "Network Sync" (without external hardware sync) should keep within +/- 1-2 frames

Hi again,

Is it possible, that AUX-timelines are especially "vulnerable" to these sync-issues? I've had some simple compositions with still-images moving and cross-dissolving slowly, placed into AUX-timelines.

At the end of that loop the timeline was made to jump back to a specified cue and play again from there. One half of that composition became transparent for the duration of a frame or so on that moment of jumping to that cue.

One would see a "flash" of whats underneath in the main timeline.

The same with a movie (mp4). When i put those compositions into the main timeline, the issue was gone.

This made me modify the compositions/timelines to a length where they didnt have to loop anymore, cause they would play hours....

All this was with WO 5.5.2, even with a synch card installed. Display-machines from a rental-company.

Cheers,

• 2 months later...