Hi

We are installed in a theatre using Version 6 for the first time. We are very familiar with 5. We are wondering if these are software bugs or our particular set up issues.

Issue 1: When programming in the display info boxes if i Type 0 in a point to reset changes the numeric keyboard triggers the main timeline. This is as you can imagine extremely frustrating.

Issue 2 : Some new media takes hours to cache when adding to the main timeline . Simple PSD files of less than 100MB will not care or seemingly stall upon cacheing.

What could be wrong?

Ben Chaisson

Hi

We are installed in a theatre using Version 6 for the first time. We are very familiar with 5. We are wondering if these are software bugs or our particular set up issues.

Issue 1: When programming in the display info boxes if i Type 0 in a point to reset changes the numeric keyboard triggers the main timeline. This is as you can imagine extremely frustrating. ...

Not a bug, standard feature.

That has been a standard keyboard shortcut since WATCHOUT 3, nothing new to v6 there.

Hi

To Be Clear I'm editing Geometric points in the display dialogue I don't understand why 0 should fire the main timeline in that box as the spacebar does not.

I'll also add that when i attempt to add media using the add media drop down menu it crashes watchout severely.

I have solved my long caching problem by replacing my Production computer.

Live update crashes 1 of my display computers rendering that function useless

Ben

• 4 weeks later...

I think perhaps what Playground is trying to say, is that the "0" key should be trapped when typing in a text field of any sort, so that it does not trigger the main timeline. I have also noticed that typing the "0" key in one of the numeric text fields for 3D projector registration will unexpectedly trigger the main timeline, making it cumbersome to have to keep exiting that dialogue to set the playhead back to where I need it (eg. test pattern). Whether is considered "intended" or not, it definitely is counter-productive when under the gun.

To make a comparison, if you were typing "192.168.0." in the network range text field of the preferences, you would not want the playhead of the main timeline to trigger when you get to the key "0".