Splash Screen Multiple Instance

RFrendt

I am running Watchout 5.5.1 on a six projector system, (all computers tweaked appropriately), and am having an unusual problem with one of my display computers.  When the splash screen first loads, it shows the display name and network address correctly, but on the display computer, the network address is followed by a "1", and on the projector screen the splash screen is different, where the address is followed by a "2":

192.168.0.30 1 (On the display computer)

192.168.0.30 2 (On the projector screen)

This happens whether or not I am connected to a network - if no network is active, this display computer does the same thing, only with the host name, adding a "1" on the display computer, and a "2" on the projector.  It only happens with one of my display computers, and this display also seems to be projecting at a different resolution than the rest of my system.

I'm a bit new to Watchout, and I'm sure this is something simple that I have missed - any thoughts?

Thanks,

Rick

The 1 and 2 are output numbers.

I do not understand what you mean by "on the display computer", the only way you are going to see that are on the connected display, I.e. On the projector screen.

I am assuming that your display machine has a monitor on one output and a projector on the other to allow you to monitor the output or something?

Go into windows display preferences on the display computer. You need to make sure the outputs are set as "mirrored" or "cloned". Close it and restart Watchout.

I am running Watchout 5.5.1 on a six projector system, (all computers tweaked appropriately), and am having an unusual problem with one of my display computers.  When the splash screen first loads, it shows the display name and network address correctly, but on the display computer, the network address is followed by a "1", and on the projector screen the splash screen is different, where the address is followed by a "2":

192.168.0.30 1 (On the display computer)

192.168.0.30 2 (On the projector screen)

Do you have a local monitor connected to the computer?  If so, Watchpoint might be seeing two different displays.  The numbers following the IP address represent the output number of each display connected.  In addition, if the two outputs are running at a different resolution (for instance projector is 1920X1080 and local monitor is 1920X1200), you will definitely see anomalies in resolution.  Solution is to either use a DA rather than two outputs on the computer (preferred), or make sure the two outputs are "cloned" in the display setup.

• 2 weeks later...