Licence key not found

jeanluc

Hello,

I have one display computer in a cluster of three identical well tuned machines, that display "Licence key not found" at each startup.

I only have to extract the dongle and re-put it in place and then everything works fine.

This cluster is controlled via Watchnet v1.0

Watchout v6.0.2.

Thank you for your help.

Hello,

I have one display computer in a cluster of three identical well tuned machines, that display "Licence key not found" at each startup.

I only have to extract the dongle and re-put it in place and then everything works fine.

This cluster is controlled via Watchnet v1.0

Watchout v6.0.2.

Thank you for your help.

This is a bug in the WiBu license technology, only present in licenses with serial numbers beginning with 3-

I suspect you were performing a Windows restart (warm boot), instead of shut down / start up (cold boot).

That is when that bug occurs, and only on some hardware setups - not all.

So this issue does not affect all users.

The bug traces back to computers that do not interrupt power to the USB controllers during a restart,

since power to the key was continuous through a computer restart,

the license does not restart and becomes unavailable.

Unplugging the license restarts it and cures the issue.

WiBu will issue a firmware upgrade to correct this issue, 

pretty sure that is just now becoming availble.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am still encountering this problem. The keys are recognised if plugged into the production computer but as soon as I plug into the display computers they are not found.

Display software recognises the keys and the display software works, it just will not talk to the production computer.

I have upgraded the key firmware and codemeter software on all machines and still nothing.

Any Ideas?

I am still encountering this problem. The keys are recognised if plugged into the production computer but as soon as I plug into the display computers they are not found.

Well that begs the question what is different between your production and display computers?

If it is trouble free in one and non-functional in the other,

you are unlikely to find a solution in the wibu software or hardware.

If this is occurring during cold start, could be the USB driver is loading after WATCHOUT.

Could be a hardware / USB issue - incorrect or defective USB driver (should not be Microsoft sourced),

interference from other traffic on the same controller, USB2 vs USB3, ... iono.gif

Display software recognises the keys and the display software works, it just will not talk to the production computer.

What does that mean?

Are you successfully loading and playing a show in cluster mode to confirm it works?

If so, confirm the IP address of the production computer

is in the same sub-domain as the display computer IP address.