Jump to content

About watchout playing 8K hap @60fps is not smooth


Karen
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi all

I'm testing an 8K(7680*4320) 60fps hap video,But many times it can't play smoothly(Playing the same 8K video at 25fps is very smooth, and playing a TGA sequence with a hard disk read speed of 2400MB/s is very smooth),Below is my Display machine configuration:

● win10 2019 Pro(Version 1903,Based on win10 enterprise The optimization of the adjustment guide has all been set)

● Supermicr C9Z490-PGW

● I9 10850K

● WX 9100

● USCORSAIR DDR4 3000 16G*2

● Disk:Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB(The theoretical value of read speed is 3500MB/s, and the write speed is 3300MB/s)

 

Unsmooth 8k video when playing:

image.png.02b4e0193ea668c680a0d65dd7292abe.png

 

A lot of times it doesn't play smoothly, But after a lot of trying I stumbled upon a time when it played smoothly(If I want it to play smoothly all the time, I can't modify anything on the timeline, not even doing any modification just pressing CTRL+D to update it, It won't play smoothly anymore)

Stumbled upon in testing how to make it play smoothly:

● Display is turned on, Production ONline(Playing is not smooth now)

● Press CTRL+SHIFT+A from the stage to enter Display machine 

● Exit Display software

● Use TightVNC to enter the Display machine again and start the Watchout Display software

● Production ONline(Now TightVNC is still connected and not closed)

● Start playing video(Now the playback is not smooth because TightVNC is still controlling the Display machine)

● Close Disconnect TightVNC

● Now 8k@60fps video playback is very smooth(As long as you do not modify, edit, update, go online, and offline in Production, let it play 4 different 8K 60fps video loops for more         than 10 hours, and it is still normal and smooth.)

● Even if I don't make any changes in Production, just press CTRL+D to update,It won't play smoothly anymore

 

Display machine hardware performance information when playing smoothly(It can be seen that the peak reading of the E disk is: 892.8MB/s):

image.thumb.png.4f6c34f24de1275243b52f8610379a99.png

 

 

When it does not play smoothly(It can be seen that the peak reading of the E disk is: 444.5MB/s):

image.thumb.png.38c4cd12ffe17a31179be22e75c3ee76.png

 


If it is because of the performance bottleneck of the hard disk, why is the TGA playing at 2400MB/s always smooth?
image.thumb.jpeg.367442da3693f5445d28d9c8dfbf5628.jpeg

 


As above, no matter when the video is played smoothly or not, I have not found the bottleneck of my hardware performance, so does anyone have relevant experience that can help me, thank you very much!
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting issue. WATCHOUT version? How many chunks in the HAP movies? Have you tried cluster mode?

Installing another copy of VNC on any WATCHOUT machine invalidates any results. Why not just invoke the VNC already installed by WATCHOUT?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jfk said:

Interesting issue. WATCHOUT version? How many chunks in the HAP movies? Have you tried cluster mode?

Installing another copy of VNC on any WATCHOUT machine invalidates any results. Why not just invoke the VNC already installed by WATCHOUT?

Oh,Sorry, I forgot the version, I have the same problem with Watchout 6.6.7 and 6.7, even 6.67 is worse than 6.7,I have tested both without setting chunks by default and setting 8 chunks when transcoding with FFmpeg, but they are all the same unsmoothly when playing,This is a temporary rental project and will not use the cluster,The current failure situation doesn't look like it's related to another VNC.

Thanks Jfk!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And now the Display is connected to 3 screens with a resolution of 3840*2160 (two of which are spliced to 7680*2160),  I also tested the performance of 50Hz and 60Hz,  Their performance is the same.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Karen said:

… The current failure situation doesn't look like it's related to another VNC. 

I would not be so sure. Over the years have observed some pretty strange behavior related to a second VNC install. Such as disc full errors when there are terabytes of free space. ie behavior you would not relate to VNC. And simply uninstalling VNC did not fix it, had to restore the original tuned image from before the VNC install. You may be right, it may be unrelated. But it is an issue that has caused unexpected anomalous behavior in the past.

Also, I would try 16 chunks for the 8k 60p clips (if that is possible).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This ripple is not an answer but an individual's opinion. 


When I look at the pictures you posted, 

GPU utilization when playback is not smooth is less compared to disk read speed. 

-------
890MB/s read speed / GPU utilization 18%

445MB/s Read Speed/ GPU Utilization 3%

------

Since the HAP codec decodes the GPU, I think it would be better to look at GPU settings than storage bottlenecks. 

Isn't it a RADEON driver problem?

------

I'm just curious. Is the HW information in the picture the information on the display server? 

I think it'll be very helpful, what's the name of the program?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/14/2022 at 4:01 PM, artboy said:

This ripple is not an answer but an individual's opinion. 


When I look at the pictures you posted, 

GPU utilization when playback is not smooth is less compared to disk read speed. 

-------
890MB/s read speed / GPU utilization 18%

445MB/s Read Speed/ GPU Utilization 3%

------

Since the HAP codec decodes the GPU, I think it would be better to look at GPU settings than storage bottlenecks. 

Isn't it a RADEON driver problem?

------

I'm just curious. Is the HW information in the picture the information on the display server? 

I think it'll be very helpful, what's the name of the program?

In fact, The GPU usage is dynamic, But I just grabbed the picture when its usage was 18%,Of course, I also updated the GPU driver, But it is still not smooth when playing 8K@60fps.

Yes, The hardware performance information in the picture is the display server.

This is by remotely accessing the AIDA64 installed on the display machine to view its performance status.

Thanks Artboy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, artboy said:

Have you updated your GPU drivers? 

In WO, WX9100 does not perform well with newer drivers than 2017 q4.1. 

Test with 2017 q4.1 version.

 

 

Sorry, I haven't tested it with the 2017 q4.1 version driver,And now the 2017 version of the driver on AMD's official website is no longer available for download(https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/professional-graphics/radeon-pro/radeon-pro-wx-x100-series/radeon-pro-wx-9100

Do you have the download link for the 2017 q4.1 version that you can send to me? Either on the forum or email,My email address: karenkongvc@gmail.com

Thank you so much.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Karen said:

 

Sorry, I haven't tested it with the 2017 q4.1 version driver,And now the 2017 version of the driver on AMD's official website is no longer available for download(https://www.amd.com/en/support/previous-drivers/professional-graphics/radeon-pro/radeon-pro-wx-x100-series/radeon-pro-wx-9100

Do you have the download link for the 2017 q4.1 version that you can send to me? Either on the forum or email,My email address: karenkongvc@gmail.com

Thank you so much.

 

 

Check your email^^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...