quick button to turn on/off timecode?

davidh

18 minutes ago, davidh said:

Hi

Looking for a way to quickly turn on/off timecode, during a show I dont want to enter preferences during a show to turn it on/off.

is there a way to do that?

From watchmaker - no.

Yes, in cluster mode. As watchmaker was never intended as a show controller, it lacks many show control features that are available in cluster mode. watchmaker is a composition assembly / editing tool. 

• Dataton Partner

You can always use the control protocol.

In the perference menu, control tab, check "production computer control UDP".

Create a string output with the following settings: Network port / address: 127.0.0.1 / Port number : 3040 / Protocol UDP

Then you can drop this output in a timeline and write "enableLayerCond 1$0D" in the data to send.

So when you play the timeline the cue will make the producer to speak to himself to enable the condition 1.

Hope this help.

Benoit

1 hour ago, Benoit said:

You can always use the control protocol.

In the perference menu, control tab, check "production computer control UDP".

Create a string output with the following settings: Network port / address: 127.0.0.1 / Port number : 3040 / Protocol UDP

Then you can drop this output in a timeline and write "enableLayerCond 1$0D" in the data to send.

So when you play the timeline the cue will make the producer to speak to himself to enable the condition 1.

Hope this help.

Benoit

Yes, that is true. i went there first too. Then i discovered the timecodeMode command is not available in watchmaker.

• 3 weeks later...

I once had a show where tc-sync was required for just one piece. Tinecode was being transmitted via an audiocable from an iPad. Nothing needed to be done other than to refrain from running the timecode from that iPad when not necessary.
It would be simpler to simply "mute" the audio interface's timecode input volume.