Screenshot of playing content

ManuelM

32 minutes ago, RBeddig said:

No. Take a streaming encoder and place this between the graphic card and the display. This will give you a full with a few frames delay.

Unfortunately that's not an option for me because my display consists in 4 screens so if I did that I'd be only having 1/4 of the image.

There is no easy way with a fully utilized system other than adding resources. Create a virtual display that covers the area you wish to view and then scale the virtual to an available output. This may require an additional server to gain the extra output.

1 hour ago, ManuelM said:

Unfortunately that's not an option for me because my display consists in 4 screens so if I did that I'd be only having 1/4 of the image.

you can use multiviewer or similar product to capture 4output.

but if adding hardware is not an option.  then the answer is unfortunately no.

is web cam an option?

Not sure what is your ultimate goal (and budget? ), "real" output preview? "fake" preview? or just some thumbnail....?

1 minute ago, Morgan Wong said:

you can use multiviewer or similar product to capture 4output.

but if adding hardware is not an option.  then the answer is unfortunately no.

is web cam an option?

Not sure what is your ultimate goal (and budget? ), "real" output preview? "fake" preview? or just some thumbnail....?

My initial idea was to automate a screenshot every X seconds just to inform the remote controller user what is playing. It doesn't need to be realtime since there are no critical contents involved.

On 3/26/2023 at 4:28 AM, ManuelM said:

Hello:

Is there any way in which I can get a screenshot or a preview of the contentn that is being played in the display computer? …

2 hours ago, ManuelM said:

40 minutes ago, ManuelM said:

My initial idea was to automate a screenshot every X seconds just to inform the remote controller user what is playing. It doesn't need to be realtime since there are no critical contents involved.

I am under the impression that screenshot is disabled while in DirectX 3D Full Screen rendering mode. Even if you could, the background activity would likely interfere with smooth playback. And you would have to screenshot each output independently, so you are back to the four output issue.