Dataton Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. DavidA

Color problems with Nvidia Quadro Cards

As Rainer says, it is two different locations you need to set. One under "Change Resolution" and the other is "Adjust video color setup". Both places have the "limited" or "full" or "16-235" or "16-255" option. They need both to be set. But, as mentioned earlier, with RTX 2080, this did not work. Or rather - it did not stay at full...
  3. RBeddig

I haven't done it with Nvidea for quite a while but maybe you can check the two pages under "video". If you come across something like 16-255 or the like, this is the place to change it.
  4. diskin

Thank you for the answer. But the p4000 should have DisplayPort and should not be affected by this setting? The card have 4 DP. I'm connect only 2 outputs. It's windows 7 with latest Quadro drivers. Have you checked the settings for the colour range. I remember NVidea cards used to go from 16-255 instead of 0-255. You can change this in the graphic card settings. I changed the setting in NVidia control power (picture attached) ,and it doesn't help.
  5. TomT

Watchout New Build 2019 Version 6.4 Windows LTSB

Make shure to cool your m.2 ! Very important ! Best would be an active cooling with a fan or water cooling.
  6. Yesterday
  7. DavidA

I have ran into the same problems but on a RTX 2080 card. Where there are two different outputs - 2 x DP and 1 x HDMI. The HDMI card outputs 16-235 default. Changing in the NVIDIA settings does not work well. It kept getting overridden - perhaps by a magic Windows 10 feature that I was not capable of identifying (Win 10 Pro). Any help on getting this fixed permanently would be good. Latest drivers applied. The card is the ASUS version. But the p4000 should have DisplayPort and should not be affected by this setting?
  8. JJ Myers

Projection Mapping

Hi there. I think our firm, Pixel Mosaic, may be right up your alley: www.pixelmosaic.com We are located in Chicago, so Toronto is within fair proximity. Feel free to contact me off forum. You can reach myself and our general inquiry staff at [email protected]
  9. RBeddig

Have you checked the settings for the colour range. I remember NVidea cards used to go from 16-255 instead of 0-255. You can change this in the graphic card settings.
  10. Hello, I have problem with Quadro p4000 card. Watchout version is 5.5.2 There are differences in the colors between png files and video files. Same project works well with AMD graphic card You can see it under this link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c1iujxucp27e155/AAD96ulTNZ93Retd2qUNX6-aa?dl=0 Thank you
  11. FireiceDragon

Projection Mapping

Our company is going to organize a branding event, where it would introduce its new class of automobiles. It would see professionals and experts from the automobile industry, along with our partners. We will be needing cutting edge audio-visual capabilities to showcase the performance and features of the automobiles. Of the suggestions formed for the show, the off-road and on-road variants of the automobiles have to be featured in its respective environments using projection mapping. We will be needing techs who are up for projection mapping in Toronto. Along with that, we would like to showcase our 70 years of dominance and expertise in the automobile industry through creative and memorable content to be produced on site on large display screens. Creating 3D projections of the various models we manufacture would be a great idea. We have to live stream the grand reveal in various cities so that everyone can experience this from the comfort of their own city without technical issue. I would like to know of technical experts who would be up for the task. Do you guys have any suggestions? Please do let me know. Thank you.
  12. mitreklov

Decklink 8K Pro

Hi all, Given enough PCI lanes and the latest drivers from Blackmagic, has anyone used the Decklink 8K Pro card with Watchout and seen if it now presents itself as 4 unique inputs? Originally the drivers for this card meant it only presented as a single input, despite having 4 x 4k input connectors. The latest drivers and control panel should allow configuration and drivers for 4 independent 4k inputs. That's the theory, just wondered if anyone has seen it in practice.
  13. Last week
  14. warwolf

bug - refused to play timeline

Hi Wiesemann, I tried to replicate the bug right after the show that night. I was not able to make it happen again. I tried really hard. Redid the exact same steps that I did. It just never re-occured. It was a really weird bug. If I ever come across again, I'll update this thread. thanks for your input
  15. Mike Fahl

I believe WO is still 32 bit only, so throwing more than 16GB of RAM at it shouldn't make much difference. Just make sure you have RAM installed in an optimal way for the motherboard (some mobos benefit from parallell channels if modules installed across all RAM lanes). Mike
  16. Mike Fahl

Windows 10 Tweaking Guide

Sounds like you have some video content that causes WO to lock up. To figure out which one, remove video one by one, and try to "update" between each, until you found the offending item, then forward that file to Dataton. Such problems are sometimes caused by rouge codecs, but since you've just installed the machine according to the guidelines, that shouldn't be the case.
  17. Muath I J

hey mate i am also based on saudi , and u better get fans and water cooling =). -more cpu power is never an over kill specially when those late mp4 files arriving and no time to rerender in hap ,you need that cpu power to have a smooth playback specially runing 4 x 4k mp4 files... - i would go with AMD and here is why ... i feel nvidia is more powerful coding card and AMD is more powerful decoding card. - i would go with more ram because why not , you already have the super micro 😃 . cheers
  18. jfk

Conditions and Auto Update

Not exactly. It is similar to jumping on the timeline. From the time you activate a condition, some time is required to load any active content on conditional layers before it can be displayed.
  19. Guajardo

Is changing the conditional layer status seamless by the way?
  20. RBeddig

This is the behavior if you change it in the preferences. Preference changes are something which works like a preparative preset for your show, not something you change during a presentation. You can though change the conditional layer status from outside through telnet at any time while the show is running, e.g. through a control system (WATCHNET, BLOCKS, Medialon, Universe,...). You could also send strings from a timeline to change the selection while the show is running.
  21. Earlier
  22. jfk

AMD S400 module and performances

The WATCHOUT version is significant in answering this question. There has been anomalies observed related to hardware assisted synchronization in some older versions and they have been addressed.
  23. Fredrik Svahnberg

Unstable WATCHNET situation..

Hi Ruben! If you want a rock solid solution for controlling WATCHPAX, DMX etc from touchscreens or mobile devices, I would be delighted tell you more about our PIXILAB Blocks system http://pixilab.se/blocks. Please contact me off forum so we can continues the discussion. Speak soon, [email protected]
  24. esambell

secActivate Error

Thanks for the info. The production computer only has a single NIC, and we've tested the display computer with the second NIC disabled, but it didn't change the issue. Windows firewall is turned off at the service level, not just disabled, so it's unlikely that's the problem. In the Wireshark traces I do see a multicast packet go out as soon as the secActivate command is sent, but the multicast packed doesn't show up in the traces on the display computer end. I suspect though that this is simply because the display software hasn't joined the multicast group.
  25. Hi Guys, just looking for some advice or recommendation towards following system. Do you guys thing Nvidia or AMD is the way to go? Thinking of a solid system for 4x 4K Output with possible sync of more than one machine. SUPERMICRO SuperO MBD-C9Z390-CGW-O - Server grade Motherboard with 10Gb Network and 2x M.2 Slots with heatspreaders Intel Core i7-9700K Coffee Lake 8-Core 3.6 GHz - CPU (Is it better to go for i9? I think its overkill, right?) Noctua NH-D15 - CPU Cooler (We are working in Saudi and Dubai, Did you guys have better experience with Water cooling or fans for hot environment?) CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (4 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2666 (Do i need quicker speed?) SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 512GB for System Storage SAMSUNG 970 PRO M.2 2280 1TB for Media Storage Rosewill RSV-L4000 4U Rack with proper cooling and Dust Filter CORSAIR HX Series HX1000 80 Plus Platinum Power Supply with some extra power so it stays cool Marian Seraph D4 Sound Output Graphics Card: Radeon Pro WX 7100 AMD FirePro S400 Sync Card or PNY Quadro P4000 NVIDIA Quadro P4000 HP 1WT20AA Nvidia Quadro Sync Ii What do you guys think?
  26. nikolai

Hi If you change layer conditions in preferences, you have to do an update for the changes to take effect. Auto update does not seem to work with conditions. If this is a feature please say so in the manual, the natural thing would be that auto-update took care of this.
  27. RBeddig

how to make watchnet bundle in version 5

Simple answer, this feature was introduced in WATCHOUT 6. You can't export WATCHNET bundles in WATCHOUT 5.
  28. JOAN BORREGO

operating system error -2147220927

Hello, Im trying to play one clip of video that is mp4, with codec h264, and on the production pc its working but on display computer it doesn´t work. In addition on the message window it´s showing an error, please find attached Im working with 6.4 version and W7. I can play this clip at display pc manually, but through watchout i can´t. I can try to recodify file to hap codec, but in theory h264 must work, and there are a lot of costumers bring me normally this kind of files. Anybody knows what are the reason and possible solution for this issue. Thanks in advance
  29. Quim

how to make watchnet bundle in version 5

Hi Rishabh, You need to do it manually compressing different files and folders in a zip and then changing the extension. Here you have some instructions from older Watchnet manual: Creating a WATCHOUT bundle You will be able to export such a presentation bundle directly from within a future WATCHOUT version. In the meantime, a bundle can be created manually by following these steps. 1. Consolidate the show to a folder. 2. Select all items in this folder (you must select all the items inside the folder, as shown below, not the folder itself), and compress them to a ZIP file. 3. Rename the resulting ZIP file to showname.wob, where “showname” is the name the show will be known under in WATCHNET. NOTE: Make sure you have “show file extensions” enabled in Windows, so the file gets the desired .wob extension. If file extensions are hidden, Windows may instead rename the file to “showname.wob.zip”, which will not work in WATCHNET. Quim
  1. Load more activity