WIBUCM32.dll is missing?

Brian

I installed WatchOUT 5 on a machine that used to run WatchOUT 4.x just fine. When I try and run anything I get this error:

The program can't start because WIBUCM32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem

Re-installing fixed nothing!

Brian

• 1 month later...

And all tweaks according to our guidelines, is performed?

http://www.dataton.c...ng_list_2.0.pdf

Also, perform a clean UN-install & RE-install of WATCHOUT as below:

Clean UN-install & RE-install of WATCHOUT

Start with the Production computer:

1) Disconnect the WIBU-key or CodeMeter-key

2) Uninstall WATCHOUT and WIBU-key/CodeMeter

3) Restart.

4) Remove any eventual remaining WATCHOUT or WIBU-key/CodeMeter parts on the computer

5) Install the new WATCHOUT again fresh.

6) Restart.

7) Connect the key again and let it install.

8) Do the same process on your Display computer/s

9) Launch your show and go online.

QuickTime should be the latest, 7.7.1 or later

• 5 months later...

**(EDIT: Try the admins suggestion first, as for me, the previous post was not working out so well. Thats when I tryed doing this.)**

There is another way if you are using v4.5.1. It might not be the right way, but so far it worked fine for me.

Goto your Dataton program install folder: (yourProgramPath)Dataton>KeyInstaller - There is a execFile: CodeMeterRuntime32.exe. Running this replaced my missing dll file. Didnt even have to reboot.

Could you share any detail on the step ...

" 4) Remove any eventual remaining WATCHOUT or WIBU-key/CodeMeter parts on the computer " ?

:huh:

Do you delete the folder that the watchout apps were in and make a new folder for the fresh install?

Are there other parts we should be looking for?

Clean UN-install & RE-install of WATCHOUT

Start with the Production computer:

1) Disconnect the WIBU-key or CodeMeter-key

2) Uninstall WATCHOUT and WIBU-key/CodeMeter

3) Restart.

4) Remove any eventual remaining WATCHOUT or WIBU-key/CodeMeter parts on the computer

5) Install the new WATCHOUT again fresh.

6) Restart.

7) Connect the key again and let it install.

8) Do the same process on your Display computer/s

9) Launch your show and go online.

QuickTime should be the latest, 7.7.1 or later

• 1 year later...

I have a new production laptop with Windows 8 - Acer Aspire V3-771-32324G50MAii W8.

I followed the tweaking list (as much as I could) for Windows 7 as I could not find a link to one for Windows 8. Installed Watchout 5.5 from downloaded file not from key, installed QuickTime from key.

Issue: an error on launching Watchout "WIBUMC32.dll is missing from your computer".

Solution: discovered that Codemeter installer did not auto install when plugged in, infact I could not see anything on any of my V5 keys related to CodeMeter. I know it's there because I earlier installed on an older Windows XP laptop without problems.

Therefore I downloaded the CodeMeter installer from http://www.wibu.com/en/downloads-user-software.html#wk and after installing the software launches OK.

As "AMartin" says above:

Goto your Dataton program install folder: (yourProgramPath)Dataton>KeyInstaller - There is a execFile: CodeMeterRuntime32.exe. Running this replaced my missing dll file. Didnt even have to reboot.

This will fix any problems related to the license key installation. Those installers are left in your WATCHOUT program folder for just this reason; to fix problems related to their initial, automatic, install. Make sure you run the right installer for the OS at hand (32 or 64 bits).

Mike

Mike: So the Wibu installation is still supposed to be automatic? I had a similar experience to the other posters - I uninstalled Watchout and Wibu using the windows 'uninstall programs' tool and restarted, to be on the safe side, then ran the Watchout 5.5 installer but got the error about the dll file. When I looked in the Wibu folder, I saw installers for both 32 and 64 bit (I'm running Win 7 64bit on my test machine) and so I wondered if the Wibu install was manual, seeing as the user has to choose which version to install.

Mike: So the Wibu installation is still supposed to be automatic? I had a similar experience to the other posters - I uninstalled Watchout and Wibu using the windows 'uninstall programs' tool and restarted, to be on the safe side, then ran the Watchout 5.5 installer but got the error about the dll file. When I looked in the Wibu folder, I saw installers for both 32 and 64 bit (I'm running Win 7 64bit on my test machine) and so I wondered if the Wibu install was manual, seeing as the user has to choose which version to install.

The standard WATCHOUT installer can determine if a system is 32 bit or 64 bit on its own and automatically makes that choice.

• 4 weeks later...

We've noticed that sometimes the key installer is rather slow in completing its task. Hence, if you start WATCHOUT immediately on after installing it, the ley installation may not have finished yet. You may want to wait 20 seconds or so after installing to make sure things have settled down before you launch WATCHOUT.

Mike

• 9 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Just encountered a customer who was seeing this same error message

when attempting to open WATCHOUT 6.1.6 after a fresh install.

The KeyInstaller referenced in posts above is not installed with WATCHOUT 6, so that is not an option.

Ran the WATCHOUT 6.1.6 installer again and chose the repair option, but that did not correct it.

Went to the wibu web site and downloaded the most recent Wibu Codemeter installer

and that did correct the issue.

Found at wibu's web site under:  Support & Downloads – USER SOFTWARE

The driver that is valid August 2017 is ...

CodeMeter User Runtime for Windows.  [download (36.93 MB)]

Version 6.50b | 05.07.2017 |  multilanguage

If you have reached this point and need to correct this issue,

and if a newer version of the driver becomes available, I would try that first.

• 6 months later...
On 3/21/2018 at 12:33 PM, Graphicgeezer said:

Interesting I had to do this on a new install Downloaded 21/03/2016 V6.2.1 so its obviously not yet fixed, (Win 10 on a Production machine)  It worked a treat! not sure why the latest WIBU isn't packaged with the latest download but hey ho.

The latest key driver is packaged with the WATCHOUT installer. What you experienced is an incomplete installation. I suspect when the WATCHOUT installer says it is finished, it is not quite there yet. i.e. the WATCHOUT application install was complete, but some of the supporting installs were still running in the background. If you open WATCHOUT immediately after the install, it aborts those background tasks, leaving incomplete support for codementer or sometimes some of the codecs are affected. Relaunch the WATCHOUT installer and choose Repair (Repair will only appear if WATCHOUT is already installed). When the repair completes, wait a few minutes before starting WATCHOUT.