Interaction Name 6.1.1

TimFranklin

• Dataton Partner

Hello,

The “interaction name” can be used by 3rd party software to create interactivity.

Here you can find a project we did using this feature (sorry, in French) : http://www.videmus.fr/salle-immersive-et-interactive-lalimentarium-de-nestle/

It’s a 14 ultra-short throw projectors setup, 7 Watchpax, with 2D lasers scanning the walls for visitor’s fingers.

If you add a task name in the “interaction name” field of a cue, the task starts when someone touch the cue.

Let me know if you want more info.

Benoit.

Salut Benoit - Tu me raconteras ça en détail un de ces quatre...!

From your description, it sounds like the lasers are sending an x/y coordinate to Watchout, which then checks for a 'hit' with cues at that screen position and triggers the linked task if appropriate. That is great for live interaction with the screen, but I've just had another look through the Watchout manual and can't find any details about this. Is there some documentation somewhere about how to get this working?

Thanks,

Matthew

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I think the 3rd party software is checking the xy coordinates via IR laser and IR camera. Watchpoint is then asked with hitText x y whether at this time a cue is visible at this coordinates.

In the case there is no cue visible, the display computer answers with Reply false. If there is a cue visible, it answers with the interaction name of the cue and its anchor point position, e.g.

Reply true “Image01” 1154 212 0

Martin

https://www.pfeifer-media.de

• 9 months later...

I threw together a little example than can be downloaded here -

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ugHC7CpZNV7Oz_p4QCaQnzZ-18uix8sm?usp=sharing

It includes two files - a small server application that listens for Watchout responses and fires an aux if the "hitTest" command is returned true.

The show file contains a solid that is "interactive" which means that Watchout will send a response as "true" if any part of the element crosses over that coordinate. I added two x and y inputs which you'll need to use to move the solid. What's cool about it is that Watchout knows the width and height of the cue even if you scale it.  Keep in mind that you must release the mouse while sliding the input before Watchout sends the response.  I'm only running this on a production machine.

-Tim