Windows 10 Tweaking Guide

Guest DavidA

Hi guys, I also using windows 10 and the new updation of windows 10 tweaking guide, when I update my system with new updation of windows 10 then it showed an error  https://babasupport.org/printer/epson-printer-error-code-0xe5/
I have no idea why this occurs and how can I solve this error so I really want a proper solution to remove this error.

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I just built 2 display computers (Win 10 64 bit), did all the tweaks and Watchout is freezing when I first go online or hit "update." The progress bar appears, starts to load with the word "Analyzing..." (I'm not in live mode) and then it stops. After 60 seconds the network connection drops, Watchdog jumps into action, and I get the same frozen "Analyzing..." screen after going offline and back on again. Then I have to open the task manager to force quit Watchout.

Oddly, if I open task manager while Watchout is frozen with "Analyzing..." up and then cancel the task manager from that initial screen, the display seems to operate normally until I update or go off and online again.

The computers are identical:

•  Fractal Design Core Series 500, No PSU, Mini-ITX, Black, Cube Case
  •  ASROCK Z390M-ITX/ac, Intel Z390 Chipset, LGA 1151, HDMI, Mini-ITX Motherboard
  •  INTEL Core™ i7-9700K 8-Core 3.6 - 4.9GHz Turbo, LGA 1151, 95W TDP, Processor
  •  AMD Radeon Pro WX 7100, 900 - 1240MHz, 8GB GDDR5, Graphics Card
  •  COOLER MASTER MWE Gold 650, 80 PLUS Gold 650W, No Modular, ATX Power Supply
  •  KINGSTON 16GB Kit (2 x 8GB) HyperX Fury DDR4 3200MHz, CL18, White, DIMM Memory
  •  SAMSUNG 500GB 970 EVO Plus 2280, 3500 / 3200 MB/s, V-NAND 3-bit MLC, PCIe 3.0 x4 NVMe, M.2 SSD
  •  CRUCIAL 120GB BX500 7mm, 540 / 500 MB/s, 3D NAND, SATA 6Gb/s, 2.5-Inch SSD
  •  MICROSOFT Windows 10 Pro 64-bit DVD OEM

Any thoughts?

Adam

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you have some video content that causes WO to lock up. To figure out which one, remove video one by one, and try to "update" between each, until you found the offending item, then forward that file to Dataton. Such problems are sometimes caused by rouge codecs, but since you've just installed the machine according to the guidelines, that shouldn't be the case.

Guest DavidA

Hi!

If you can find Windows 7 versions in the market, why not. Generally people have reported increased performance in Win 10 but it does take time to setup a Win 10 system. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/14/2018 at 7:07 PM, DavidA said:

The official Windows 10 Tweaking Guide is now published and is available for free download. The guide describes how to tweak Windows 10 Enterprise for reliable performance with WATCHOUT:

https://response.dataton.com/watchout-windows-10-tweaking-guide

Topics covered:

• Support, warranty and service
  • Microsoft EULA
  • Install Windows 10 Enterprise
  • Add and remove Windows components
  • Group policies
  • Windows & registry settings
  • Task scheduler

Whether you build WATCHOUT media servers for fixed installs in museums, show rooms, broadcast or for live events in theaters, concert venues or corporate events, this free Windows 10 tweak guide is essential reading.  

Its great post and help me a lot. please keep continue posting. good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Till now Windows 10 is not popular as Windows 8. I'm using Windows 8 right now but want to install Windows 10 soon. So I'm gathering all information about it from Facebook and other websites. I saw many information are given here. features are looking interesting. Hope it will meet my expectation.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guys, I am looking for guidance on Tweaking a newer windows 10, LTSC System 

Below is the Latest Version and Revision available from Windows

Version Servicing option Availability date OS build Latest revision date Mainstream support end date Extended support end date
1809 Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC) 2018-11-13 17763.1294 2020-06-16 2024-01-09 2029-01-09

Is there any updated tweaking guide based on a later version of win10 LTSC  ?

Thanks !

No, not at this time. The outdated version used in the tweaking guide is still the recommended version. With every incremental release of Windows 10 Microsoft has changed / broken / fixed critical areas related to WATCHOUT. Attempting to use newer releases will trip you up in these areas. WATCHOUT is tuned to the version indicated.

That said, if you find it necessary you may apply security updates only to the specified version.

When Dataton updates to a newer Windows 10 release it will be posted in this forum.

On 3/2/2020 at 4:04 PM, joshep said:

Till now Windows 10 is not popular as Windows 8. I'm using Windows 8 right now but want to install Windows 10 soon. So I'm gathering all information about it from Facebook and other websites. I saw many information are given here. features are looking interesting. Hope it will meet my expectation.

To install Windows 10,why not ask Microsoft for help?A tool called Windows Media Creation which can be used to install Windows 10 on computer.

Or follow this tutorial to create a Windows installation disk to install Windows 10.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

On 4/1/2021 at 8:46 AM, christopherav said:

Hello guys,

is it possible that someone can add a link to proper win 10 enterprise OS link , which is recommended by watchout,,  it will be help-full for those who want to upgrade..   its difficult to find right win 10 version.. i been tried few times and got unsuccessful.. 

Try Windows 10 Enterprise on Microsoft Evaluation Center