Dataton Forum

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Yesterday
  2. Yes, it will work in cluster mode providing the TCP output object is set to port 3039 as it is done in my examples. The cluster master handles the DMX communication. The online comment only relates to Production mode.
  3. We solved yes, The problem was in the w10 he showed me the frequency of 60hz but I was with 59hz, when I change from 60hz to another frequency and return it is the correct way
  4. Last week
  5. So sad to hear. Thomas was always a great contributor on this forum and an asset to the community.
  6. He stuck out as one of the most helpful and obviously experienced people here and seemed to be a nice person. Hats off to him and condolence to his family and friends.
  7. Hi my cuestion is how i can use audio reactivo in watchout, if i need some sofware for do that
  8. Thanks you both for you work! I still need to try it, but it looks good. The only thing i am worrying about is the Online thing. In production mode, you must be online for this to work. ... The thing is the Watchpax will be used stand alone. There will not be a production computer. Will it work without a production computer?
  9. Hi! Windows 7 is not officially available from Microsoft and we have moved to Windows 10. Here you can find our official Windows 10 (Enterprise) tweak list: https://response.dataton.com/watchout-windows-10-tweaking-guide Best regards, David / Dataton
  10. I am formatting my computer, I am struggling to decide on which windows to install. Windows 10 does not ask user whether to install upadates or not. Let me know your views on which to choose version of window. Thanks
  11. I've seen H.264 files failing before and the reason was an unsupported encoding level. This could be your problem as well. Dataton has only limited options to cure this since it is a problem of the third party decoder used in the program. You can check this with software like MediaInfo or VideoSpec (both OS-X) or similar programs you might find for Windows OS.
  12. I am also facing with same issue. please let me know.
  13. Its great post and help me a lot. please keep continue posting. thats just what i wanted to know. Thanks for sharing this great ifo
  14. Our friend who edge-blended AV work with professional golf marshaling.
  15. This news comes as such a shock. I worked with Thomas in Hong Kong in 2003 and whenever I saw on of his posts to this forum it always brought back fond memories. And I recall that before Watchout he was a skilled practitioner with Dataton Trax so he's been part of the family for decades. My condolences to his family and friends. Thank you for sharing this with us, Jacquie.
  16. Sad news indeed! Such a terrible loss. All that accumulated knowledge and understanding gone, and about something we care about and he cared about so much. Absolutely tragic. He will be sorely missed.
  17. I Have also the same problem Can anybody help us out
  18. Our condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of Thomas Leong from Kuala Lumpur who passed away recently. If you are a regular visitor to the forum you will no doubt recognise Thomas’ name as one of the most prolific and knowledgeable contributors here. Thank you, Thomas, for all the helpful comments, the friendly advice and sheer enthusiasm that you shared freely with us over the years. You’ll be sorely missed. /Dataton team
  19. Can you provide the specs for the files? A screenshot from media info to get all the details would be best.
  20. Using two DMX channels, one for mute on and one for mute off makes this way more complicated than it needs to be. Additional programming is required to support both cluster mode and production mode, using conditional layers to switch between modes (otherwise if you left both active, there would always be errors). In production mode, you must be online for this to work. ... (damn forum system shrinks this image, original image) for cluster mode ... Use the set condition option on the cluster mode load command , like load Sample_DMX_audio_mute_control True True 2 On the other hand, using a single channel, it is super simple, no special programming for production mode / cluster mode, works either way. No need to set external TCP control of production. No need to use conditions. No need to use Tasks. Works in production mode online or offline. It as simple as this ... (damn forum system shrinks this image, original image) The two shows above (without the audio file, substitute your audio file in the media window) can be downloaded from http://dataton.net/watchout/DMX_mute_stuff/SampleDMXcontrol-audio_mute.zip
  21. I took this as a challenge and based on JFK's instruction decided to try and make it. Here is my take on it, check the video and let me know if it does what you need. Video tutorial.
  22. No problem, not in a hurry. If you can help me before Friday it would be great. 😉
  23. Hi Lucas, I had hoped to do this last night, show opens soon and I will not be able to get to it until tonight (US time zone).
  24. It is not a built in function, you build a custom set of functions using the available tools in WATCHOUT. Yes, I can explain it, but before I go through that exercise, need specifics so I do not have to do it multiple times. • WATCHOUT version you are using? • DMX universe and channel for engage mute. Value that will be sent to trigger (easiest way is if 0 value is not active, any non-zero value is trigger, but if you need something else, please describe) • DMX universe and channel for release mute. Value that will be sent to trigger (easiest way is if 0 value is not active, any non-zero value is trigger, but if you need something else, please describe) Keep in mind that you must reset to an inactive value after each trigger / before next trigger. i.e. if 0 is inactive, then after setting a non-zero value to trigger a state change, you must return to 0 before attempting the next trigger. Understood, not needed. WATCHPAX will be sending TCP to localhost to trigger itself, no other TCP needed. I am working at Infocomm 2019 (USA) this week, so it will take some time before I can provide that (have it by tomorrow morning).
  1. Load more activity