Medialooks Watermark

Harrison

Hello Everyone

Does anyone else has the Problem when playing quicktime files in a show, such as .mov or mp4. that there is a medialooks watermark in the upper left corner of the video. Medialooks provides some sort of Quicktime Plug-in for Windows, as far as i understand!

According to Medialooks this is the explanation:

QuickTime Plugin is a free DirectShow player plugin for playing back QuickTime files.

Currently the QuickTime Plugin will work with Windows Media Player, Winamp, BS.Player, Media Player Classic, KM Player and Zoom Player. For other applications a MediaLooks logo will be displayed. We are open to adding support to other, preferrably non-commercial, applications by request

I'm running WO 5.1 on a Windows 7 PC. Can anyone of you guys guess what the problem could be and how i can get rid of this watermark?

many thanks!

harrison

Hey Mike

Actually i did not install any software from Medialooks, that's why i was so confused to see the watermark. I guess this medialooks plugin got on the computer in connection with some other software that got installed. i'm currently trying to figure out how it got on my machines. Maybe i can find out.

But anyhow i think the best thing to do is a proper new installtion of the displays following the instructions of Jonas and Dataton Windows 7 Tweaking list.

Greetings ans many thanks

Harrison

• 6 months later...

Hi,

we are recently facing the same problem, we followed the tweaking file installation suggested by you but we still facing the same problem, i opened other software which count on quicktime like propresnter i didn't face the same problem as in Watchout,

please advise

P.S

i only see this watermark in production computer or if i am displaying on LCD, with projection i didn't notice it.

WATCHOUT does NOT install NOR use Medialooks.

On a clean installed machine, this will not happen.

If it's present on your machine, it's installed by other software.

If ProPresenter is installed, it might use/install Medialooks, and It then might affect WATCHOUT:s normal use of QuickTime.

/jonas

Hi, we are recently facing the same problem...

Since the logo only surfaced recently, it is definitely caused by a most recent software installation.

I had the same problem and it was due to another production software that uses Medialooks for Quicktime. Curiously enough it was a version 3 of the software that I needed temporarily for a client who had bought that version from me. The version 4 of the same software did not give the same problem. Uninstalling that version 3 solved my problem.

There is another solution which gives me a software "switch" to on/off the Medialooks logo therefore allowing the culprit software that uses Medialooks to co-exist with Watchout in the same pc. But it involves the installation of a codec pack which also provides a tool to 'switch' said Medialooks codec on/off by substituting with the LAV Splitter. However, this codec pack is probably not recommended by Dataton though I've had no problem with substitute codec since only the Medialooks codec is substituted.

Thomas Leong

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

I had the same Medialooks-thing on my production-machine . I then uninstalled the the two or three most recent installed software-packages and it disappeared. Among those was a demo version of Stumpfl Wings, this one most likely had the Medialooks Codec in it.

Was Wings on the other machines that had this phenomena?

Sorry, I should have uninstalled one package at a time, but as usual I was very unpatient and threw out several packages in one go.....

Michael

Hi all,

I had the same Medialooks-thing on my production-machine . I then uninstalled the the two or three most recent installed software-packages and it disappeared. Among those was a demo version of Stumpfl Wings, this one most likely had the Medialooks Codec in it.

Was Wings on the other machines that had this phenomena?

Sorry, I should have uninstalled one package at a time, but as usual I was very unpatient and threw out several packages in one go.....

Michael

Thanks for the tip and also thanks for searching and adding to the relevant thread.  ;)

Another tip is to use archiving software on your WATCHOUT machines.

Archive the pristine tweaked install before using it,

and you can quickly and completely return to that state

should a subsequent install muck things up.