Watchout Version 7

pixelvirus

We've started the staged rollout of WATCHOUT version 7 and as part of the process we will also be contacting those users who have registered their interest in WATCHOUT 7 here https://hubs.ly/Q021jGdy0. So if you have already signed up, please keep an eye on your email over the next couple of weeks!

• 1 month later...

Just curious. How will the integration between Version 6.x.x and 7.x.x be executed? From all I've read and heard it's a huge upgrade with severe changes, especially regarding the media handling. Is there any beta version manual/description about this workflow? 

Best regards C

• Dataton Partner

Yes, media handling will be a bit different with more codecs and content optimization through the new Assets Manager. Display computers will draw relevant content from the Assets Manager and you'll not see any "online" or "update" commands any more as you'll be always online.

WATCHOUT 7 has been programmed from scratch as a 64bit application with 16bit internal color processing and much more. While looking more modern and with quite a few user interface enhancements, users of older WATCHOUT versions will easily recognize the producer software and will find most of the well known windows they were used to. With some new ones.

Currently it won't be possible to import older shows into WATCHOUT 7.

7 minutes ago, Laisvydas said:

I would like to start working on whatchout version 7. what is the situation when I could start

You missed the opportunity to join the first group to receive WATCHOUT 7. See https://www.dataton.com/products/watchout-7. Best guess is December, but that depends a lot on the first group results.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2023 at 9:46 AM, RBeddig said:

Yes, media handling will be a bit different with more codecs and content optimization through the new Assets Manager. Display computers will draw relevant content from the Assets Manager and you'll not see any "online" or "update" commands any more as you'll be always online.

WATCHOUT 7 has been programmed from scratch as a 64bit application with 16bit internal color processing and much more. While looking more modern and with quite a few user interface enhancements, users of older WATCHOUT versions will easily recognize the producer software and will find most of the well known windows they were used to. With some new ones.

Currently it won't be possible to import older shows into WATCHOUT 7.

Thanks for clearing that up. Except that some of the shows I’m working on is incredibly complicated, and building it all again from scratch……. That’ll be a killer. I hope you find a way to at least import some of the old shows into v.7. 

18 hours ago, Vollmers said:

Thanks for clearing that up. Except that some of the shows I’m working on is incredibly complicated, and building it all again from scratch……. That’ll be a killer. I hope you find a way to at least import some of the old shows into v.7. 

Anyone remember Final Cut Studio? Replaced by FinalCutPro X over night, no compatibility? Bad idea.

• 4 months later...
  • Dataton Partner
3 hours ago, Hubert PICHOT said:

Hello,

Any changes in open watchout 6 shows  in V7?

Best regards 

Hubert

Not yet Hubert. Expected in a later release (it’s on the roadmap).