WO7 Capture Cards

Today you can use capture cards from Deltacast, if you have a Nvidia Quadro GPU. Datapath works by using WMF and so does most of the USB based capture devices, like Epihpan, Magewell, Yuan etc. However we seen issues with latest driver version from Magewell and also issues that some devices using WMF does not report the signal/range correctly so the picture quality may not be as good as it could be. This is nothing we can fix quickly since this outside our control.

Concerning support for capture cards from Blackmagic, we are looking into this, but we have no timeframe for this at the moment.

Best regards,

/jme

Hi Benoit,

Yes, that is a good idea, I will put it on the list for setup tutorials to make, but it will probably not be on the top of the list since it is a bit to the geek-side. 😉

Thanks! /jme

Magewell Pro Capture HDMI 4K Plus works for me with WO 7.1, and so does the Pro Capture Dual SDI 4K Plus, but only on 1 channel. Watchout sees the card as two separate inputs, but the same physical connector's input appears on both 'devices'. 

Has anyone else tested these?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I have tested the following cards:
- Datapath Vision AVSDI
- Magewell Pro Capture Dual SDI 4K Plus

System with windows 10 Pro 22H2 (fully updated)
Cards with the latest driver available

Both cards work fine, but you have to adjust the contrast to get a black similar to the original source.

Greetings

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2024 at 9:35 AM, Jim Testa said:

Has anyone tested the Datapath VisionSC-DP2 with WATCHOUT 7?

Yes, I have successfully used the SC-DP2.  It took me some effort to get it functioning in Windows 10 requiring some back and forth with Datapath support.  But once it was working in Windows, adding it to WO7 was no problem.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We are prepping for an upcoming project and evaluating the best method to bring live video in to version 7.  The client can supply either HDMI or SDI, and we need three active streams simultaneously.  The tough part about our decision is which capture card to use.  Datapath tends to always be reliable and have good drivers (although I have had to go through some pretty big hoops in order to install the drivers).  Black Magic seems to be spotty at best.

Does anyone have experience with Magwell cards in version 7?  I have found them to be solid performers in other applications.  The Magwell Pro Capture Quad SDI looks promising (https://www.magewell.com/products/pro-capture-quad-sdi) and specifically lists Watchout as compatible software.  Has anyone used this card in version 7?

Thanks!

On 2/20/2024 at 4:32 AM, paolino said:

As soon as I have time I will try to test them better, especially the Magewell PRO, In fact I don't understand why the Quad HDMI works

and the Quad SDI do not, keeping in mind that they are identical except for the interface chip ( one handles SDI signals and the other handles HDMI signals ) .

So I will also try to check the firmware version.

Coming back to this topic, did you ever get anywhere with the PRO Quad SDI?  I have an upcoming project that would be ideal for this card if we can make it work. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, does anyone using WO7 with capture card for live cam feeds? 

I had Vision LC SDI (previously running great in WO6 with low latency) and now in WO7 having lots of dropped frames and much bigger latency.

Any suggestion? Does deltacast cards works in WO7 with "native support" from dataton? What is the expected latency?

I would appreciate real examples and succesfull actions if any :)

Thank you

Jan