Feature Request ? Post here

Dimi

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like the ability to have the production machine on a different subnet than the display cluster. Currently I can load shows across subnets, but not run them.

This should be doable, assuming a router that can be configured to allow "administratively scoped multicasts" to go through.

I love features request topic discussions! One of my top requests is to have the ability to apply X and Y rotation to an anchor point separate of the vanishing point. In other words... not have to subscribe to the global 3D/vanishing point values for a given X or Y rotation. I understand this does not work for stereoscopy display, but for those of us who are using X and Y rotation 99.99% of the time for simple "2.5D" work, it would be nice to have the same X/Y features one has in After Effects.

Just to be clear, if I wanted to horizontally align multiple cues of a playing card, rotating on it's Y axis, I could never achieve that effect in the current version of WO. Unless I am missing something...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just want one and only feature

Built-in remote desktop, because vnc is very slow on win7, on xp it's was pretty good but on win 7 it's horrible, so if dataton will write some small their own remote desktop it will be awesome

It will solve 99% of my problems instead of buying not cheap capture cards.

Thanks Jonas , but it's possible

I was able to write my own remote control software in vb.net and my framerate in 1280x1024 resolution was about 25 frames with 10-15 % load on regular dual core processor

So basically in c++ it's can be achieved with faster framerate

But it's only a request, maybe in near feature you will consider adding built-in remote desktop feature

I didn't talked about Microsoft remote desktop, I talked about dataton own remote desktop like vnc, radmin, dameware or my favorite VMware remote desktop which working amazingly fast with 1920x1080 resolution, I can see hd movies on local network with VMware remote desktop

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a few features I'd really appreciate.

The possibility of reversing a cue, much like hitting the 0 to run forwards, it would be great to be able to hit a key to run a transition backwards as presenters often like to refer back to their previous points.

As we are able to name the cues with the "F" keys and jump to them by simply hitting hem, I'd really appreciate a few more quick, on the fly, hot keys for moving to certain states within my pre-programmed timeline. Possibly by holding down control whilst hitting that key, it can automatically transition from the current cue to the new one, or something to that effect.

A default fade in and out time of 1 or 2 seconds for the uppermost layer would be a great time saver, as well as an auto fit to full screen scale feature, probably only the height (y axis) would work better.

I'd also be highly grateful for a slice tool, I know we can get around it with in times and cutting off the ends, but to be able to slice a video in two on the timeline, cut out the unwanted section and pull the remainder up would be very useful for those last minute requests.

Adding to that, possibly a slow mo, or sped up option, allowing us to play a file at half or double speed.

One last helpful request would be a shape generator much like to the text editor, predominantly for key-ing and / or masking.

Many thanks for the amazing software though, it really makes us shine brightly. Always a pleasure and a sense of security running a show through Watchout.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Circling back to the feature request concerning geometry control...

With projection mapping becoming more and more prominent in WO shows, I am seeing a greater need for a makeover to the geometry control interface. What we would like to see is :

1. Some form of underlay of the actual display's current content, underneath the geometry grid. It is very important to be able to see exactly where we are setting/adjusting a point to in relation to the display's output. It would also be nice to see the warping effect on this underlay content, just like you see it on the actual display output. If performance is a concern here, we would happily sacrifice stage rendering while within the display's geometry control properties tab is open.

2. Making the interface scalable. The geometry grid is too small to work with in certain projection mapping capacities. If we had the ability to scale the grid up to a larger portion of screen real estate, it would help facilitate the meticulate work required for some of the projection mapping work we do.

3. The ability to delete individual direction handlers. I guess this can be accomplished by just setting the displacement value of the direction handler to zero, but the ability to just delete a direction handler from a point would make things snappy. The more it can operate like other vector-based drawing tools (eg. Adobe Illustrator), the more intuitive we would find it to be.

Thanks for your time.

• Dataton Partner

@ JJ:

Regarding point two : you can blow up the size of the geometry window to almost full screen already, to have a good look and make precise settings possible. Or perhaps you're referring to something else?

I learned that it's very important though to have a high resolution mouse at hand, as needed for all demanding graphic software like autocad / wysiwyg.

I have a couple of requests:

1) a "reverse" consolidate function. Currently the consolidate function copies all media in use into another folder. I would like to *move* all *unused* files to another folder, leaving the existing show in place.

2) be able to customize the colors for the user interface... the white timeline can be bright in a dark theater, even when the monitor is cranked down.

3) would it be possible to get a true "save as" command instead (or in addition to) the the "save copy as" function?

Thanks,

--D

I would like to have another mode between online and offline. I would call it a focus mode. This would allow me to pick a place on the timeline, enter focus mode, and see real time results of what I am adjusting on the production computer (corners, position, scale, etc...). With so much mapping involved in the process these days, I would like to be able to see what I am doing onstage almost immediately, rather than having to update (look at the stage), look back to the screen, make another change, update (look at the stage), look, etc.... This mode wouldn't allow for live playback, just an in-between mode that allowed me to look only at the stage and move my media to it's correct position. Once you have placed an image where you want it, you would then enter live mode to update and get back into running a show. This would be really helpful if we had corner control via mouse.

Thanks,

Clint