Feature Request ? Post here

Dimi

I'd like a way to change how Stereo wav tracks get mapped across multiple outputs.  

For example, sometimes clients deliver 5.1 as three stereo tracks wav files, and I would to make the second file playback out discrete outputs 2 and 3, and the third play out of discrete outputs 4 and 5.  Then the first one would default to 0 and 1.  Sometimes you don't have the time to create the proper file out of what you get handed.

This could be adjustable though a tween track, or the advanced tab of the inspector window.

Also, sometimes they hand you a single track that they want you to replace.  Or they ask you to make one track slightly quieter or louder.  So discrete volume control of specific audio tracks through tweens would also be nice, rather then general volume.

This comes up and lot on cooperate events.

Alex

You are talking about resources provided by Windows,

and Widnows WDM audio support does not provide for the remapping of outputs.

A simple workaround is to remap them in the .wav file headers.

This will accomplish what you desire, albeit not as elegant as you request.

Dataton has provided an as is / free of charge utility to accomplish this -> ChannelShifter.air

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Dataton Partner

Undo > Text Media

It will be nice to have the option for UNDO when deleting Media File, especially Text media.
While media files still exists, "Text Media File" have to re-edit if deleted from the list.

Michael Humash
Digital AV - ISRAEL

WATCHOUT PREMIUM PARTNER

Mask creation for mapping/geometric corrections.

Recently, I had the task of using the geometric correction for 3 blended displays since the projection was over a 100'x26' lycra screen stretched at various points such that there were segments where the projected images would be on the venue's wall if not geometrically corrected. Problem with the Geometric Correction of Watchout is that when a point on the grid is adjusted, adjacent points are also affected. I had to first lock down the points I did not want to be affected (as these areas were where the crucial content info would be), before I started re-shaping the displays. I think a mask creation feature would have made the task far easier.

Thomas Leong

Hi Thomas

I had a similar challenge, and I fixed it by creating a black image, and then position it, according to what I wanted to hide.

I don't know if this will help in your case. But I do agree that a shape/mask tool will be very a great feature to have.

Best regards Christian

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for the suggestion Christian. Apologies for the long delay but have not had much time to give it further thoughts until recently....and came up with another alternative request.

Instead of a mask creation feature per se, perhaps adding an ability for a user to add points to the Corner Tween feature and making any point so added linear or smooth (bezier) will allow us to import and use a black image and tweak such image to suit.

The weakness of such an "enhanced" Corner Tween is that Display PC would need to be updated to view the effect of the tween versus a mask creation feature which, like the Geometric Correction feature, is live when online.

"Corner" tween will probably need re-naming to suit such new capabilities. How about "Distort" tween?

Thomas Leong

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I do not know if it was already posted.

2 Things:

When you have your warping grid in front of you a bigger windows AND the possibility to turn on the image you are seeing would be nice. When you want to add an additional Grid Point sometimes it would be fine to see where you set the new point when doing a little more than just the "normal" panorama Projection

best regards

Thomas Diemath

It would be nice that You could have the possibility to apply wipes or opacity values automation to task. Would make my life much easier if I could just havew a possibility to set a property in Task property window with wipe type, time and settings like that instead of having to copy a tween track on each layer in a task. Would be grateful for that for sure.

Two things discussed with my programmers on the last couple shows, and that I would love for when I have to program as well..

A hot key or large button in the interface to disable and re-enable midi control.  Many times we want to turn midi off briefly while we are working when the show is being controled via MSC.  Currently you must go into preferences and turn it off, then remember to go back in and turn it on.  This should be more intuitive.  

As well when adjusting times or positions being able to enter +12 or -10 etc would be very useful.

• 3 months later...

This would help our  "on-the-field" workflow too.

Hi,

I do not know if it was already posted.

2 Things:

When you have your warping grid in front of you a bigger windows AND the possibility to turn on the image you are seeing would be nice. When you want to add an additional Grid Point sometimes it would be fine to see where you set the new point when doing a little more than just the "normal" panorama Projection

best regards

Thomas Diemath

Hi all,

I would love it if you could specify different starting point for looped videos. Say for instance that you create a looped video of a candle flickering. If you need to duplicate this clip in Watchout, the candles will all flicker the same unless you stagger the clips as you fade them up. Changing the starting point of the clip breaks the loop.

This would save tons of time as you wouldn't have to output different looped versions of the same clip.

Thanks!

Adam

• 3 months later...

I was thinking the very same thing as Niel Stratton the other day as I scrolled through the hundred or so tasks in my show... Folders, like in the Media window, would be great. The record so far is around 600 tasks, and the tall, narrow task window doesn't make if easy to find them. I've taken to using dummy tasks as labels to group things, but that takes up more space.Alternatively, colour labels or a quick-search tool, similar to the After Effects UI, could be useful, but it seems like folders would be easier to implement.

• 3 weeks later...

Some (or maybe all) of these request may have been posted before, hard to find out.

But I'll give it a try anyhow.

#1 A function to ‘Fit All displays’ in Stage window.

and a scale option more flexible than 2/4/8/16.. 

scale to fit??

Snap to/go to next/previous keyframe.

preferably with a hotkey.

Ability to make an exact numerical input of a tween without having a keyframe.

Slowmotion? It does not have to be a perfect one, an ability to test something in i.e. half speed to decide the tempo.

And then i can render it in another software later..

Ctrl-T  Click jumps to time to be OFF by default, or at least an option to turn it off by default.

An option to have darker interface colours. 

-I work with stage shows, in dark rooms, and especially the timeline window really lights up the auditorium..

#1 A function to ‘Fit All displays’ in Stage window.

and a scale option more flexible than 2/4/8/16..

scale to fit??

You do know that you can use the "magnifying glass" cursor in the Stage window to zoom to any area, right?

Slowmotion? It does not have to be a perfect one, an ability to test something in i.e. half speed to decide the tempo.

And then i can render it in another software later..

Are you talking about video here, or timelines in general?

An option to have darker interface colours.

-I work with stage shows, in dark rooms, and especially the timeline window really lights up the auditorium..

Stay tuned ;-)

Mike

It would be useful to be able to change the attributes of a group of elements at the same time. For example, selecting several images in the media window and changing the alpha interpretation, or several videos and deactivating frame blending, or several clips on a timeline to change the blending mode. The way things are, I feel like I'm going to wear out my mouse button with all the clicking!