All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Today
  2. I've got a semi random glitch happening often when a new cue starts on the timeline. glitch.mp4 In this video you can observe it. When the timeline moves from pause to a new cue, the whole screen shows a white frame that shouldn't be there. I then move back on the timeline, repeat the same passage but no white frame is shown. This happens semi-randomly. Like once in 5-10 minutes.
  3. Yesterday
  4. Hi, In some cases I had to double the command (enter the same command twice) so that the first one opened the TCP connection port and the second one activated the command... it seems stupid but it works. Best regards Diego
  5. Is there a way to start LTC Bridge for watchout 7 with the main timeline automatically checked? Every time the computer closes and restarts, the "Main Timeline" option is unchecked needing user intervention for something that should otherwise be automatic.
  6. Hi, I'm using two 4K h.264 contents. Each content is h.264 due to high bandwidth, but the file size is large. Both contents have the same resolution and the same stage position. Wait for the show at the timeline position of 30 seconds. If the content plays from 25 seconds through an external time code, the opacity changes from 30 seconds to 1 second. I gave 5 seconds of preole time for B content to play properly. However, sometimes the opcity conversion is not applied and the content is converted to the cut. Currently, it is controlled through production. What could be the problem? Does increasing pre-roll time not work in this situation? Isn't the pre-roll of content that doesn't appear on the screen applied?
  7. Last week
  8. It’s great to hear that you’ve successfully tested the Datapath Vision AVSDI and Magewell Pro Capture Dual SDI 4K Plus cards on a fully updated Windows 10 Pro 22H2 system. Purchase Solidworks 2023 online. Adjusting the contrast to match the black levels of the original source is a common step in fine-tuning video capture setups.
  9. Hello everyone, I need to assemble a watchout system. Would the OEM products in the list below be correct and sufficient for the system? MSI MEG Z490 ACE SOKET DDR4 4800 MotherBOARD IntelCore i5 12400F 2,5 GHz 18 MB Cache 1700 Pin PROCESSOR G.Skill Ripjawsv 16GB(2x8GB) 4800MHz DDR4 CL19 Ram Samsung 500GB 980 PRO NVMe M.2 SSD (Reading Speed 6900MB / Writing Speed 5000MB) JIESHUO AMD W7100 8GB 1792 video grafik kartları GDDR5 256BIT GPU w7100 8g GRAPHİCS CARD https://www.datapath.co.uk/datapath-products/graphics-products/image2k/ capture card Also, what should be the control computer requirements of the Watchout System? Thank you in advance for your interest.
  10. If Watchout 7 wants to find its way into regional theaters and on Broadway again, it has to include MSC. OSC drops cues. Every single show on Broadway is using MSC. It's an old protocol, but we use it because it is rock solid and it just works. I hope you reconsider this stance on MSC. OSC is not a reliable enough protocol to use to trigger in a theatrical environment and anyone using it is opening themselves to periodic cue failures.
  11. Thanks Benoit, This really helped me out a lot. Scrutinizing the JSON file got the job done, but it's not the most user friendly implementation. IMHO WO7 still has a way to go until it's at a comparable level as it's predecessor.
  12. Dmx recordings and cues are in 7.2. It will be out soon.
  13. When will it be available? Testing a DMX stream on the beat from MA2 on PC to watchout 5 was working. The only thing was that I convert the lamp off command in a short fade. Dataton recording missed some DMX lamp off cues. With a fade more DMX info will be recorded. So will DMX in WO7 be much better then WO5?
  14. That is true if the hardware requirements are met — Windows 10+, GPU API Vulkan 1.3, OpenGL 4.4 and DirectX 11
  15. Hi Tom, You can get the cue id in the show JSON : http://localhost:3019/v0/show BTW it could be nice to allow both id and names in the control protocol. Because even if you retreive the show JSON as you can't be notified when an object is created you can't allwas match names and id... Benoit
  16. I doubt you will get the virtual environments to work. One user did get bootcamp to work, but even that was not straightforward thanks to the Vulcan requirement.
  17. When using the operative server external control in Watchout 7.1.2, the "Jump To Cue" command needs a {cue_id}, where can I find this Cue id? Cue Properties only shows the name, but when I enter the name in the Jump to Cue command it reply "Method Not Allowed". When I enter a number for the {cue_id} it jump to a Cue, so the command is working. But I can not find which number belongs to which Cue and where to change this.
  18. Earlier
  19. Hey Ian, Regarding VNC, are you referring to the built in Remote Access feature inside WATCHOUT? I'm unaware of version 7 having the capability built-in just yet. As for version 6, if you're having difficulty with Remote Access to a display machine from your production software, I've found that the option "Rebuild Show Cache" under the Manage Display Computer options often fixes the problem if the connection is rejected.
  20. could it be that the Quadro K4000 doesn't support Vulkan 1.3 (only Vulkan 1.1.103)?
  21. RBeddig thank you for your reply. I understand what you said. However, what I am curious about is that I registered the WATCHOUT7 PRODUCTION executable file in the schedule and made it run 1 minute later. The executable file that appears 1 minute after the computer is turned on shows offline icons like an attached file and there is no change. Should the watchout6 version and watchout7 method be different? thank you RBeddig
  22. License is already upgraded. That said, everybody should be able to open producer or any of the other applications without a license.
  23. Hi, I know it’s possible to VNC into a watchpax 62 running WO6 but is it possible to do so with one running WO7? On first attempts I get a “connection rejected” message. Units are not behaving as plug and play as we’d like so we’d like to VNC in to check NVIDIA settings.
  24. You also need to make sure your license key(s) are upgraded to WO7 license.
  25. This has been a problem for a decade now. It's a PJ Link issue, and it's related to the ports opening and closing I think, but I've never been able to figure out all the exact quirks because the rules don't always apply. However, the general thing I've found is it's open for 30 seconds then will close. Sometimes it'll reopen just fine, sometimes it'll fail, but it's always repeat the pattern if you run it in order. The solution I've found is to just build an alternate timeline, send a empty %0D Carriage Return every 25 seconds or so to keep the port open, then loop that for eternity. As long as you don't rapid fire the commands, you should be good.
  26. Hi Guys, The issue is that the clock sync between the production machine and is off. Make sure that your time / date matches exactly between the production and display machine. Just to make this clear 1. On the production machine -> right click on the time/ date in windows -> Adjust date and time -> Sync Now 2. On the Display / Runner machine -> right click on the time/ date in windows -> Adjust date and time -> Sync Now (if you are not connected to the internet, it'll take sync from the production machine over network).
  27. In WATCHOUT 6, you have to select the little checkbox to go online. It doesn't necessarily start any timeline. In WATCHOUT 7, you define which timeline(s) start automatically once the server is ready. If you need to start your program automatically at a certain minute, I think it would be best to use some simple control system to send a trigger to start the timeline when it is the right time. I just tested with Bitfocus Companion, which is installed on my production computer. It should even work without connecting an Elgato Streamdeck - what we often use to control WATCHOUT with in live situations.
  28. Thank you for your reply, RBedding. I ran it as you said and it worked very well. I have one more question. In the case of watchout version 6, after the display boots, the production server runs with a delay of 3-5 minutes according to the schedule, and online may run automatically. In the watchout7 version, after rebooting the display, I want the production server to open in standby mode with a delay of 3-5 minutes according to the schedule and execute the file. I have a question because this method seems to be different from the watchout6 version. thank you RBedding. ((The attachment is how watchout6 registered the production file on the schedule and executed it. Is there another way to watchout7?))
  1. Load more activity