Dimi

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

33 minutes ago, Playground said:

This might already be here but I would love the ability to change the timeline(s) from Minutes seconds to Time code or Frames etc.

Something similar exists in the status window. You can display main timeline position in hours, minutes, seconds, frames by changing the time display to the timecode format of your choice.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've been involved in a very big project where I had to add many correction points and it's quite hard when I have to select, modify, so would good to have for the next version a zoom option in the geometry tap of the Display window.

Same in the View and Calibrate taps for 3D projectors.

Best regards,

Quim

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 2:52 PM, RBeddig said:

It's not possible to color tasks but you could sort tasks into folders to keep them sorted.

Another good option would be to use https://universe-control.com/

It's pretty affordable and has a pretty tight control over WATCHOUT and many other devices.

+10 

I'm strongly agree with you.

I'm UV fan and it's best show controller software in my experience.

KAI

• 1 month later...
  • jfk changed the title to Feature requests? - POST here
  • Morgan Wong featured, pinned and unfeatured this topic
  • 2 months later...

It would be nice if we could rename media cues in the timeline. On a recent project, each scene ended up with a bunch of copies of 'black square blur 50px.jpg'. It would be great if each instance of a media cue could be renamed with something more informative like 'Mask top', 'Mask left', etc.

I know we can rename layers, but there always seems to come a time when I have to quickly move cues to a different layer to make room for a new clip, and then the naming scheme gets messed up. Likewise, I guess I could add and rename a 'Play' cue, but that means moving 2 cues around or else the label will get separated from its media cue. And since hovering over a cue reveals the media name, and the 'locate media' button takes me to the source, it seems like renaming media cues wouldn't break any workflows.

54 minutes ago, matkeane said:

It would be nice if we could rename media cues in the timeline. On a recent project, each scene ended up with a bunch of copies of 'black square blur 50px.jpg'. It would be great if each instance of a media cue could be renamed with something more informative like 'Mask top', 'Mask left', etc.

I know we can rename layers, but there always seems to come a time when I have to quickly move cues to a different layer to make room for a new clip, and then the naming scheme gets messed up. Likewise, I guess I could add and rename a 'Play' cue, but that means moving 2 cues around or else the label will get separated from its media cue. And since hovering over a cue reveals the media name, and the 'locate media' button takes me to the source, it seems like renaming media cues wouldn't break any workflows.

Possibly put them in a composition?

• 1 month later...

Can you please add an option to disable the 'live update' menu item. 

When you have 4tb+ shows, a slip of the wrist from an operator and you have to force quit watchout and risk corruptiong the project, or wait 2 days for the show to transfer to the display machines.

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/8/2021 at 5:29 AM, Cymatic said:

Can you please add an option to disable the 'live update' menu item. 

When you have 4tb+ shows, a slip of the wrist from an operator and you have to force quit watchout and risk corruptiong the project, or wait 2 days for the show to transfer to the display machines.

Cheers.

Or even better, just implement multicast uploads, like every other deployment software do since 20 years.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I use extensively WO to edit the content of my shows and adapt it to the different locations where they are displayed. I often need to change the behaviour of the cursor in the Timeline window to align things (tween points or cues on remote layers). Since Snapping appeared, aligning got easier but still.

Most of the time, I work in red mode (no jump on click). So if I need to position cursor to a specific cue or tween point, I need to:
- Ctrl-T,
- click-select my tween point
- then Ctrl-T again to fix the cursor
While editing, this operation happens hundreds of times. Slightly time consuming and mainly a useless gymnastic for fingers.

I would like to know if the behaviour of the "Click Jumps to Time" could be inverted while holding down the Alt key.

I would really appreciate,
Cheers

Attached are 2 gifs showing "current behaviour" and "expected behaviour". The second one is clearly faster.

Current behaviour.gif

Expected behaviour.gif

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My suggestions is some be able to fade only the intensity channels of a recorded DMX-universe, when doing fades on DMX-data, which would mean we would have to be able to identify / mark which channels in a given universe that are intensity channels. A simple text box that pops up when you double click the DMX-data in the timeline, filled in with comma separated values indicating the intensity channels, and a simple checkbox: "fade these channels only" would suffice.

Right now, when you fade DMX-data, you fade all channel values. When applying a fade to a whole universe of complex fixtures (basically all fixtures on the market today), you also fade the pan/tilt motors, rgb-mix e.t.c, which means that as soon as you want to fade out your lights, they not only fade out, but they also start moving all over the place and doing all kinds of wierd looking stuff.

Sure, you could record a separate "fade out intensity" dmx-stream for that universe, and jump to that stream with a control cue - but that wont work if any effects in the light software are running (you would have to synchronize all effects to end on the same time, and that's not practically feasible when you are programming DMX-lights - also it will not allow you to abort a DMX-sequence at will, without the end result being jittery).

My suggestion as a mockup:

image.png.981836a8ce907c98f16ebf35e21446c0.png

• 4 weeks later...

I'm just wrapping up a tech of an opera and I ran into a list of issues in the 3D mapping that would really make life easier.

• When mapping a virtual display as a texture it would be nice to have an alpha channel that lets us see through to whatever is behind the surface. In my case I wanted to fade up the 3D map from a full stage projection and it snaps through black because there isn't an alpha channel on the surface. Effectively, this means there is no way to fade in a projection map unless it is a different projector.
  • There's not a good way to internally map the rotation or position of 3D objects when managing multiple surfaces (related to the above issue, I need to turn things on and off intelligently to fade a fade). It would be nice to be able to animate a variable on the timeline that other models reference. Ideally using an Output that is remapped to an input. In my case I'm mapping the rotation of a turntable and our sensors were cut from the production so my tracking is inside Watchout. 

To summarize:

1. I would like to be able to animate a variable that is generic and applied in numerous areas. 
  2. I would like the ability to see through a projection map. Obviously this might want to be a toggle. By default when the content is empty you can see through it and it makes for a snap you can't do anything with. (Note: you can do this by encapsulating the 3D model in a composition, but it is a clunky workaround)

I can work around all these issues, but we hit a couple areas where I can't make it work without adding a projector and they don't have the budget to fly one in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
4 hours ago, kraves said:

Now it has been out for while and gaining traction, is there any progress on adding NotchLC codec support?

It has been on the radar for a very long time. There are technical reasons Notch LC can not be added to the current WATCHOUT versions. Notch LC is up and running in the internal next major version of WATCHOUT. Don't ask me when it will be released. Last i heard, there are delays :(

On 9/13/2022 at 8:50 PM, jfk said:

It has been on the radar for a very long time. There are technical reasons Notch LC can not be added to the current WATCHOUT versions. Notch LC is up and running in the internal next major version of WATCHOUT. Don't ask me when it will be released. Last i heard, there are delays :(

Hi Jfk.

I've been waiting for version 7 for a very long time.

Do you know why the development is delayed?

DATATON seems reluctant to talk about this.

I like WATCHOUT but now I think I should consider another media server.