• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/27/2018 at 8:01 AM, ibmcclain said:

A "Status Recall" feature for MSC.  The idea being, if Watchout gets a MSC command number 70, and I have pause cues numbered 60 , 80 and 90, if the playhead isn't between those 60 and 80 cues, it will recall the earlier and play 60. In a theatre setting this during a technical rehearsal, or when you need to emergency hop cue numbers, this will keep things in the right "cue".  At the same time, if the playhead is between 60 and 80, I don't want MSC cue numbers 71-79 to trigger 60 over and over, only when i'm outside that cue range.

I fully support this. Working as the Watchout programmer on theatre shows, I feel like half my job on rehearsals and plotting is just acting as a manual 'tracking console' to move Watchout back when a previous LX cue is run! I imagine there'd be some serious complexities to this but tracking is a pretty fundamental concept in theatre lighting.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello developers and programmers. Thank you for an amazing product.

Please see if you can implement my feature requests.

Just like the way you are able to see whether a clip is using ADD / DARKEN / MULTIPY etc. just by looking at it on the timeline, it would be great to see whether a clip is LOOPING or FREE RUNNING just by looking at it on the timeline. Maybe rather than the clip having the word loop or free run displayed like ADD and MULTIPLY, the clip border could change colour, say purple for loop and blue for free run? And since it is such a common tween to use, can we not make a shortcut for it, like select the clip and push 'L' for loop and 'F' for free run? or add it to the right click options. It certainly doesn't need to be under the advanced tab as its used on almost every clip I put on the timeline, and it just seems like a lot of clicks for a simple tween.

Adding to this, is it not possible to select multiple clips on the timeline, and push 'L' or 'F' to add the same loop of free run function to multiple clips simultaneously.

Many thanks.

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My feature request,

1.OSC protocol
I would like to use use delicode ni-mate to made a interactive with WO and I can use X-OSC from x-io.co.uk or I-CubeX from infusionsysyems via wireless control

2.TUIO protocol
it's perfect to use with CCV 1.5 and it's open source
http://ccv.nuigroup.com/#home

Please take into consideration.

Best wishes
KAI

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dataton Partner
On 7/12/2018 at 4:40 PM, kai said:

Hi,

My feature request,

1.OSC protocol
I would like to use use delicode ni-mate to made a interactive with WO and I can use X-OSC from x-io.co.uk or I-CubeX from infusionsysyems via wireless control

2.TUIO protocol
it's perfect to use with CCV 1.5 and it's open source
http://ccv.nuigroup.com/#home

Please take into consideration.

Best wishes
KAI

Hello Kai,

We have a 3rd party software named "Touch'In" that can forward TUIO to Watchout. Mail me if you're interrested to know more about it.

Best regards,

Benoit

1 hour ago, Benoit said:

Hello Kai,

We have a 3rd party software named "Touch'In" that can forward TUIO to Watchout. Mail me if you're interrested to know more about it.

Best regards,

Benoit

Hi,

Please check your PM,

Thank you so much

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2018 at 4:35 PM, mikefynn said:

Just like the way you are able to see whether a clip is using ADD / DARKEN / MULTIPY etc. just by looking at it on the timeline, it would be great to see whether a clip is LOOPING or FREE RUNNING just by looking at it on the timeline. Maybe rather than the clip having the word loop or free run displayed like ADD and MULTIPLY, the clip border could change colour, say purple for loop and blue for free run? And since it is such a common tween to use, can we not make a shortcut for it, like select the clip and push 'L' for loop and 'F' for free run? or add it to the right click options. It certainly doesn't need to be under the advanced tab as its used on almost every clip I put on the timeline, and it just seems like a lot of clicks for a simple tween.

Adding to this, is it not possible to select multiple clips on the timeline, and push 'L' or 'F' to add the same loop of free run function to multiple clips simultaneously.

Many thanks.

Mike.

+1

Layout guides

I would be great to be able to add layout guides to the composition window, to allow for easier placement of media, virtual displays, real displays etc.  Like guides in Photoshop and other similar programs, anything being moved around in the comp window would snap to them.

One specific example is when using compositions: If in need to lay out several pieces of media which need to line up with virtual/real Displays, it would be nice to be able to add guides to make it easier.

Thanks.

On 6/6/2018 at 11:35 AM, mikefynn said:

Many thanks.

Mike.

I also use this ALL THE TIME and find it easier to drag and drop the newer files onto a copy of the original setup clip on the timeline then going thru the motions. 

+1 for this feature!

On 8/18/2018 at 5:10 AM, nickelalloy said:

Layout guides

I would be great to be able to add layout guides to the composition window, to allow for easier placement of media, virtual displays, real displays etc.  Like guides in Photoshop and other similar programs, anything being moved around in the comp window would snap to them.

One specific example is when using compositions: If in need to lay out several pieces of media which need to line up with virtual/real Displays, it would be nice to be able to add guides to make it easier.

Thanks.

Another +1!! I find compostions useless without having some reference of the overall stage. I design my look in the main timeline, then cut out the needed pieces and paste them into a composition.

Hello developers and programmers

About virtual display, It would be great if you could add many shapes like triangles, hexagon...or can add more point into virtual display to change it better, it would be really helpful. I sometimes have to map to non-rectangular pieces and very hard to make only with the rectangle form.

Sorry english is not my first language.

Thank you so much!

6 hours ago, windyhihi said:

Hello developers and programmers

About virtual display, It would be great if you could add many shapes like triangles, hexagon...or can add more point into virtual display to change it better, it would be really helpful. I sometimes have to map to non-rectangular pieces and very hard to make only with the rectangle form.

Sorry english is not my first language.

Thank you so much!

I am curious, what displays are available in triangles, hexagon...? for mapping shapes, there are are more appropriate options than virtual displays.

A simple means of taking a slice anywhere on the stage, and remapping it to another part of the stage, but without the computational cost and latency that virtual displays incur. By using the term "slicing", you would be delineating the 2 features while introducing a feature that uses a term that is familiar to media server experts. It would be fair to then restrict 'slicing' from the extended capabilities of virtual displays, like mapping to planes of a 3D mesh. Just looking for something that can take an area of the stage and duplicate to multiple other areas of the stage with the ability to scale. That is about 90% of what we end up using VDs for, but it currently sometimes comes at an unnecessary computational cost.

15 hours ago, jfk said:

I am curious, what displays are available in triangles, hexagon...? for mapping shapes, there are are more appropriate options than virtual displays.

Sometimes it's like stacked umbrellas, I only have one projector, but visual effects are wrong with the actual model, so I need to split the parts to adjust them to fit better, If the virtual display can adjust the points, splitting it out will be much simpler

maxresdefault.jpg

10 hours ago, windyhihi said:

... I only have one projector

So you do not have displays that are not rectangles. 

Shapes within the projected area are not displays. I re-iterate, there are are more appropriate options than virtual displays.

9 minutes ago, jfk said:

So you do not have displays that are not rectangles. 

Shapes within the projected area are not displays. I re-iterate, there are are more appropriate options than virtual displays.

I never said i have displays that are not rectangles. Maybe because I'm not good at English so you misunderstand. Sorry. So far, what I'm talking about is still a virtual display.

Sometimes I use it to split video files to fit them to fit the actual model. Can you suggest me a way to do it better? Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Good morning, there are often needs that I have not yet seen integrate and that I would often need. The list for practicality:

• OSC In / Out protocol
  • Dante In / Out Protocol
  • MIDI Out Protocol
  • NDI Out Video and Audio Protocol
  • A coutdown for videos that can be added to the STATE window or separately and can be sized as desired
  • You can decide in the Tasks the size of the STOP and PLAY keys
  • Possibility to color BACKGROUND TASK TITLE in a separate and independent way
  • Possibility to color CONTROL CUE in a separate and independent way
  • Possibility to color BACKGROUND LAYERS in a separate and independent way
  • Integrate a real hot backup system (with a Master and Slave system) for the Producer
  • A multipoint Warping system similar to that of Panasonic or Epson but maintaining the curvature management that already exists
  • Create a multi-layer Warping system similar to the D3 Desguise
  • Have a window that allows you to see and possibly force the Display Computer EDID without having to log in Remote and do it on the Driver
  • You can import SketchUp * .skp files into the media without having to convert them
  • To enable a grid or a measurement tool in the STAGE that allows you to accurately calculate the mapping of the pixels used or displayed
  • To convert, if you wish, the VIDEO in HAP directly from the MEDIA window (Desguise has released the HAP Encoder for free)

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards

On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:26 AM, Diego Marchente said:

Good morning, there are often needs that I have not yet seen integrate and that I would often need. The list for practicality:

• OSC In / Out protocol
  • Dante In / Out Protocol
  • MIDI Out Protocol
  • NDI Out Video and Audio Protocol
  • A coutdown for videos that can be added to the STATE window or separately and can be sized as desired
  • You can decide in the Tasks the size of the STOP and PLAY keys
  • Possibility to color BACKGROUND TASK TITLE in a separate and independent way
  • Possibility to color CONTROL CUE in a separate and independent way
  • Possibility to color BACKGROUND LAYERS in a separate and independent way
  • Integrate a real hot backup system (with a Master and Slave system) for the Producer
  • A multipoint Warping system similar to that of Panasonic or Epson but maintaining the curvature management that already exists
  • Create a multi-layer Warping system similar to the D3 Desguise
  • Have a window that allows you to see and possibly force the Display Computer EDID without having to log in Remote and do it on the Driver
  • You can import SketchUp * .skp files into the media without having to convert them
  • To enable a grid or a measurement tool in the STAGE that allows you to accurately calculate the mapping of the pixels used or displayed
  • To convert, if you wish, the VIDEO in HAP directly from the MEDIA window (Desguise has released the HAP Encoder for free)

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards

I agree with Diego, He suggest a lot of very interestings feature.

Specially about OSC, Midi Out, Dante, Hap converter and multilayer warping

• 3 weeks later...